Chapter 11 - Dear Plan

After school, Sam dragged me roughly to Pam's, our local smoothie bar. I ordered a mango-banana smoothie to calm my nerves after a tough day with Aiden and History lessons.

"Drink slower. You'll get a brainfreeze," Sam commanded like an officer on a ship. But that was too late.

"Ahh..." I squeezed my eyes together. Headache was the last thing I wanted right now.

"Are you okay, Ellie?" he asked caring and threw my smoothie in the green garbage can. I yelled:

"Hey. I wasn't done yet. I paid two dollars for that one," as I used too big hand fractures to show my anger. Sam ran his fingers through his golden boy hair and continued.

"If you want to get revenge on Aiden, you have to plan it step by step. First..." he talked like a mad, crazy teacher.

"Wow. Wow. Sam. I don't need a plan like that. I just don't want him to hurt me again," I protested. Even though, all those things Aiden did to me, I couldn't take revenge on him. I just couldn't.

"You have known Aiden for so long. You have seen, what he has done to you, and to me, and to all the other poor people. If you do this, you make all of us a favor." Sam could make a great lawyer. He sounded so convincing, even to a stubborn girl like me. The seller looked with a crazy look in his eyes on us, like if he was thinking:

"Crazy kids."

"Okay. What is the first step?" I feel ashamed of my own words coming out of the stupid mouth of mine. I made quickly eye contact with the seller and looked away again.

"First step is popularity. The most popular boy in high school, Mason Anthony Hunter, also the person Aiden hates completely. He would rather eat his own sh't than being in a group with Mason."

"Wait. Where do you know all of those from?" I asked curious and suspicious. He shrugged his shoulders, as if it was a very easy question.

"Everybody knows. It is rumors you can't avoid."

"Maybe it isn't true."

"It is the best we have."

I nodded satisfied and asked him to go on.

"Get to know him. Be friends, or even boyfriend and girlfriend, just to make Aiden even more jealous..."

"Wait a minute, Sam. How am I supposed to be his girlfriend? I don't even know him."

From a scale from 1 to 10, Mason was a 10. I broke the scale and was a big 0.

"You're more popular than you think, Ellie. And Mason likes you, so that is the easy part."

"Mason likes me?" I choked out.

"Sometimes, you can be more clueless than a chimpanzee. Chimpanzees are at least clear when they are about to get sneak attacked. You won't even know if you will be attacked, even if the enemy was right in front of you," I got spat right on my face. But I let him go on. I didn't felt like fighting with Sam today.

"But back to the subject. Yes. He does like you. And I wouldn't be surprised, if he accepted to be his boyfriend."

"Who said I would do that? I mean, yeah. He is cute and very kind, but I barely know him," I defended myself.

"Then know him. How hard can it be? You got to know me, and I'm one tough banana, "he laughed crazy. But it was true. My first meeting with Sam wasn't exactly easy.

"Fine. I will do it," I took Sam's smoothie and sipped it.

"Fine. But give it back," he yelled for fun.