Chapter 9 - Dear Fairytales

I opened my eyes and let the sun shine brightly in my pupil.

"Ah," I squeezed my eyes tiredly. The first thing I saw was my two guppies. I named them Wiz (he has black and yellow stripes. The first thing that came on my mind was bad banana, but that was an awful name, so I thought of the song "Black and Yellow," rapped by Wiz Khalifa) and Stand (I don't know. He just looks like one).

My white table with too many souvenirs on rocked nice and easy back and forth. I let the soft fabric from my mis-matched pillow and blanket sweetly cuddles my bare legs. Under my bed, I hid all my old diaries. Incredible I counted two full books, only about Aiden. I can't believe I wasted whole three years on a jerk like him.

And squeezed in between those old diaries, I have ten years of memories. A little picture of Aiden was also in one of them and was in my new one. The one I actually write in now (stupid, little me absolutely had to use super-glue).

But I had to admit, it was a nice picture.

...

"Ellie and Tracy. Please come with me," out teacher Mr. Hartcover said. His deep voice and stone face made me feel like a jailer.

Tracy, Aiden, Jay and I were chosen to be welfareleaders. They were supposed to make activities for small children that made their break even more fun! It felt more professional than it sounds, Dear Diary. You have to go to several courses and meetings.

The teacher partnered us up in me and Tracy, and Aiden and Jay. Let's just say that at that moment, Jay was a pain in Aiden's a's. He was like a puppy that followed him around everywhere and wanted so bad to be a part of Aiden's group of friends.

"I will ask you two girls very directly. Aiden told me that he and Jay can't work it out. So I'm asking you girls to split up, if that's okay. I'm sorry that it has to be that way, but that's the only solution I can find," Mr. Hartcover said loud and clear.

"Of course we can understand," Tracy said in a fake, nasal tone. We both stared at each other, hoping the laughter wouldn't burst out all sudden.

"I'm asking you girls straight away. Would you rather be on a team with Aiden or Jay?"

It was no hard decision. 6th grade me was still hopeless in love with him.

"Aiden," we both said on same time.

Mr. Hartcover's face stoned even more, before he sighed.

"I'll talk to the boys tomorrow. You girls can go home now," he stretched his arms lazily. I'm pretty sure he thought that we were going to be dramatic grown-ups.

"I'm not surprised that Aiden wouldn't be with Jay. He's such a...," Tracy protested. I nodded understanding with her. Jay wasn't evil. He just didn't knew what to say and what not to say.

"But what do you have to do? One of us has to stick with Jay," I said worried.

"Yeah. But at least it is only half a year."

Right. "Only" half a year.

"But I have to go this way," Tracy pointed in a right direction.

"Will you come with me?" she gave me a big smile. Who could turn someone down, when they are smiling to you?

"Sure," I agreed.

On our way home, we talked about school, and her sport trainings and my music lessons. When I got home, I saw my phone. Six missed calls.

Two was from my mom, one from Bridgit and three from Aiden. I jumped in joy, up and down, side and between. Aiden finally called me!

"Hello?" I called back, sounded too hyper.

"Hi. Did Mr. Hardcover talk to you?" he asked happy.

"Yes. Did something happen between you and Jay?" I couldn't help but sound happy. I knew I should feel bad about him and Jay in a conflict, but I didn't.

"You can say so. He is just so annoying..."

And then he went off, complaining about how irritating Jay could be.

"Well...who did you choose?" Aiden mumbled at last, asking if i chose him or Jay.

"You, of course," I smiled big to him, flashing him my sweet-heart smile. He lifted his head up in entusiasmen.

"I chose you too," he played with my dark brown hair.

"Then, I guess, we're officially partners."

"Yeah, partner."

...

"El. You haven't done the dishes yet," my dad yelled.

"Kay. I'm coming," I yelled back. Our washing machine was broken, and my parents were too cheap to get it repaired or buy a new one. Just as I took my gloves on, the door knocked. I opened irritated up, only to see a way too smiley Sam.

"Knock knock," he said.

"Who's there?" I raised my left eyebrow.

"Canoe."

"Canoe who?"

"Canoe help me with my homework?"

I carefully tapped my chin.

"No," and I closed the door.

"Hey," he yelled from the outside.

"I'm just kidding. Of course I will, after I have taken the dishes," I rolled my sleeves up for 7th time.

"Great. Because I really need help with the math. And since I already know a math genius, why pay a tutor to help me?" he let his hands out to each side, like if he was a doll.

Why did I always have to be around cheap persons?

"Sure. What is it this time? Still the old assignment you didn't got done for a week ago?" I rubbed the glass hardly against the gummy.

"No. It's about atoms and the shell."

Clumsily, I dropped a knife in the sink and disappeared into dishpan with all the other flatwares. My cold digged into the big pile of water in the sink just as a sharp object slished against my hand.

"Ah..." I yelled out loud. My left hand was a big blood bath.

"Wow. Here. Let me help," Sam offered me his hand, but I shrugged it away.

"Ellie. Don't be so stubborn. Here." Dictatorial, he took my hand and took the first aid kit up. He pulled out a little bottle of alcohol and vat. I cringed my whole body when he dotted it on.

"Sit still," he commanded, like if I was a five year old little girl. I stock my tongue out and squeezed my eyes together. After five minutes in hell, it was finally over. Or as I thought.

"Hey, Ellie. Can I ask you something?" he sounded all serious.

"Sure." I was still focused on my bruised hand.

"Would you like to go out with me?"

A/N: Wow (shock face). If you like this story, please press that little star button, shout out and comment your opinion. See ya next Wednesday.