Chapter 3: What happened to Sonic?

"TAILS!" Amy screeched from somewhere, causing him to drop his spanner in surprise. Slightly annoyed, he span his tails and flew to the front door.

"What do you want, Amy? I need to fix the Tornado." the fox told her as he landed in front of her.

"Where's Sonic? He promised to hang out with me today!" she whined, before folding her arms and turning away haughtily. "I bet he's hiding in there! Tell him that if he doesn't come out, I'm going to drag him." 

Tails sighed "You should give him some space Amy, you know how he hates to be bothered all the time!" he called to her as he drifted back in to look for the blue blur. However, he came back ten minutes later and shook his head "He's not here, Amy. You'll have to look somewhere else."

"Tails, there's nowhere else to look!" she cried in despair "I've gone everywhere I can think of and no one has seen him all day!"

Tails looked slightly worried at this news and sighed "I have a tracking device on him, in his shoe, but not even he knows, so don't tell anyone, ok?" the fox beckoned her in as he began to fly again "We'll see where he is, but if he's not in any danger, you leave him alone!"

"Fine, I guess I can yell at him when he comes back." she muttered.

"That's the spirit." Tails grinned as he pulled out a key from behind a panel to open a safe that led to the small tracker that would show where Sonic was. He switched it on and held it out so both he and Amy could see. A light flashed orange, showing where Tails was on the map, and then a light flashed blue, showing where Sonic was.

"Where's that, Tails?" Amy asked with a frown, and looked at him for an explanation.

"That's Eggman's base! What's Sonic doing there?" he cried and zoomed in on Sonics location. "He's completely still... he's not even pacing..." Tails bit his lip "Maybe he just left his shoe there..." 

"What are you saying? Sonic's in trouble, Tails! We need to help him!" Amy cried, shaking the fox.

"Amy, how can we do that? The X Tornado is broken and I can't fix it properly until the end of the week!" Tails jumped away from her to stop her from shaking him as he turned off the tracker and put everything back into its original place "If we were going in, we'd need to sneak in and see what's stopping Sonic."

"Sneak in? I don't think so! I'll bust my way in with my hammer!" She swiped it through the air viciously as Tails sighed.

"If there's something out there that's captured Sonic, how are we supposed to stop it? We'll try and free Sonic so that we can all fight together!" he promised.

"Ok, great! But er... how are we supposed to get there if the X Tornado isn't going to work?" Amy fretted and Tails thought for a moment.

"I guess we have no choice." he sighed as he flew over to his computer and pressed a few buttons. "We'll have to use these, it's the fastest way to get there." Tails admitted sullenly as two hover boards appeared from a panel in the wall. "Take Sonics one. I messed about with them a little..." he murmured as he leapt on his and held his hands out. A scooter front formed for him and he looked back at Amy. "If you tap your foot twice it'll turn into a scooter for you."

"No way!" she cried as she jumped onto the hover board, slightly unsteadily "Do you know how lame scooters are?" Tails sighed.

"Yeah, but if we want to get there fast, I need to make sure I keep my balance." he replied sullenly, before kicking off before she could object "Come on, Amy! Let's see how Sonic is!"

Arriving at Eggmans base, Tails gave in to the whining of Amy and got rid of the handle bars for the hover board which they had to ditch to sneak inside. "Where is he in here?" Amy whispered, but then Tails stopped and his ears pricked with horror.

"D-do you hear that?" he asked her, but Amy stayed silent to try and hear what he was on about. She shook her head, but Tails quivered "That's Sonic! What's Eggman doing to him?" he cried and started racing towards the sound. Amy had no idea what he was on about, but soon she could hear it too: Sonic was in agony!

"I hear it, Tails!" she cried, but then she got angry and pulled out her hammer "Eggman will pay for whatever he's doing him! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE TOGETHER RIGHT NOW!" she roared. Suddenly, massive robots shot from out of nowhere and Tails faltered, but Amy quickly and violently smashed them down with un-lady like growling noises. "Let's go, Tails." she snarled, so viciously that Tails gulped.

"O-ok..." they ran and burst into a laboratory. Sonic had stopped making noise now, he was a heap on the floor, completely defeated. "Sonic!" Tails cried "What's wrong?" he made a move to help him, but then quickly got out of the way as Amy dived at his body.

"SONIC!" she screamed into his ear "CAN YOU HEAR ME?" Tails stumbled back and held his head.

"No one will ever hear again if you scream like that!" he moaned. Suddenly, a shadow fell over him, and he turned to see Hypno. A large Pokemon that only just towered over him and its large nose was only a few inches from Tails. "A-Amy?" Tails whispered as he began to look up into the creatures eyes, but Sonics eyes ripped open and he leaped at Tails, bringing him down and away from the Pokemon.

"Don't... look into it's eyes," Sonic convulsed and clenched his fists "Don't watch its pendulum." The blue hedgehog collapsed and retched.

"Sonic." A powerful voice boomed "I told you not to move. I need you to survive this." Eggman appeared from the shadows and folded his arms. Amy prepared her hammer, but Eggman just grinned at her. "Amy, if you beat me up and something goes wrong, who will save Sonic?" he asked manipulatively. "Even if you did use your hammer against me, you wouldn't be able to take Sonic out of here. He'd die." 

"What have you done to him, Eggman?" Amy growled, still holding her hammer high. The doctor grinned.

"I finally found a way to keep Sonic..." he tilted his head "Contained." Eggman sniggered "Even though biology isn't my strong point, I found out what makes Pokemon go into pokeballs and I've just engineered Sonic slightly. His body is having a larger reaction than I expected, but if he stays still, he should pull it through." Amy's lip quivered and she took a step back.

"What do you mean? What's a Pokemon?" Amy asked, and the doctor pointed. She nearly looked, but stopped herself just in time. "That's dirty." she muttered angrily, but Eggman ignored her.

"That's Hypno. He's my Pokemon, and he'll do anything I want him to!" he started laughing "Who's the genius now?"

"How long, Eggman?" Tails asked softly as he knelt beside the hedgehog, holding a gentle hand on his arm "How long until he's better again?" Eggman was silent for a moment.

"I modified him three hours ago. He should be ok to move in another three hours, but a full recovery would take a week." the mad scientist looked up at Hypno "Let's leave them for an hour or so, my friend. It's only proper that they get to say good bye to the blue blur legend." he decided, and the Pokemon followed him out of the door.