Chapter 22: The Pokemon v A Pokemon

The Sonic Pokemon was now twice the size of Sonic, his quils had gotten strange goo connecting them in a sort of web that glistened at his every move. His eyes were sharp and they tore into your heart, piercing you like an emerald knife. His body was much more stream lined now, it had a completely different figure, but in a way, it just made him look more charming and strong. He faced Sonic cockily, who was still bright with the power of the chaos emeralds.

"I don't think you should be smiling so cockily." The hedgehog warned the evolved Pokemon "You might get stuck like that when I kill you... and trust me, it's not a good look for you."

"You think you'd win?" He laughed in Sonic's face "Please. Although, I guess there's something you're not aware of." He grinned mischieviously.

"Are you going to tell me what it is, or can we start this already?" He huffed impatiently.

"I suppose you'll find out, if you're that eager to lose so soon. Well, Sonic, this is your final evolution, Supremic! Let's see if you can beat me at my best!" The Sonic/Supremic leapt at him with neck breaking speed, but then jumped off to the side into the trees and Sonic followed him quickly, soaring through the air with ease. However, he wasn't fast enough to see the Supremic run into a hiding place and looked around with mild frustration as he waited for him to show.

"Hiding already, coward?" Sonic snarled, but there was no reply. He glared at nothing in particular when he suddenly heard something and tilted his head. His eyes widened slightly and he headed towards it, gliding through the air expertly. "The sea," He murmured with amusement as he glanced over a large cliff, down to the harsh waves below "He thinks water still effects me in this form." Sonic narrowed his eyes "Which means this is a trap." He turned in time to see Supremic launching himself at the hedgehog, who wasn't fast enough to dodge him. Sonic found himself falling towards the ocean at a terrific speed and his nerves instinctively exploded with fear, but as soon as he was pulled under, he remembered the chaos emeralds and calmed.

He could still breathe, thanks to the emeralds, but the sea was so dark that he couldn't tell which way was up. It was possible that if he tried to swim, he would swim deeper rather than to the surface, so he stayed still and waited until he started to rise up slightly, the gas inside him helped him find the way, but the waves were harsh and they twisted him left and right, taking him off target. He was just about to use the emeralds to shoot himself out of the water when something grabbed him. Sonic saw a flash of bright green eyes and scowled; Supremic.

But Supremic couldn't pull Sonic down, not when he had the power of the emeralds. The yellow hedgehog pulled both himself and the pokemon out of the sea with horrifying speed, before kicking him off so that he could fall back into the ocean. He appeared to be knocked out, so Sonic followed after him as he fell, but when he got close Supremic grabbed him and they smashed into the ocean together. Sonic was about to try and go back up when he felt Supremic smash into his head and spiralled down slightly. He felt the water grip him and frowned, before he started to struggle, but the water pushed him this way and that way, so that he didn't know which was was up again. 

It took Sonic a few moments to realise that he was in a whirlpool that Supremic had caused, and he was completely trapped. The water hedgehog was taking advantage of this, smashing into Sonic occasionally and using vicious water type attacks that he couldn't block or see coming. After a fourth smash, Sonic started to feel that he was going to lose.

Maybe the ocean wasn't the best place to fight a water type.

The whirlpool began to fade, but before Sonic could get his bearings, Supremic was already starting to make another one. Gritting his teeth, the yellow hedgehog made a desperate charge at him, but he was kicked back into the middle of another vicious water twister. A thought occured to him. He wondered, if he lost, would Supremic be able to use the emeralds? Would he get even stronger? If Sonic lost, he would fail his friends. He couldn't think about losing. So how could he win?

Get Supremic away from the water, to the grass. That was how. He was sure he could win then, but how would he get him out? Sonic saw him then, charging at him and he turned in time to latch onto the Pokemon, who swam out of the whirlpool easily. His bright eyes coldly observed the yellow hitch-hiker, who started forcing him up, out of the ocean. Supremic quickly realised what he was doing and kicked out at him, but Sonic just absorbed the blows. He had to win. He couldn't let go.

They soared out of the water and Sonic slammed him into the grass harshly. Tail's sat up from a few metres away and gasped.

"Sonic! Are you ok?" He called weakly.

"It's all right, Tails." Sonic muttered hoarsely in reply "I've got this." He stumbled towards the Pokemon, who was sitting on the grass smugly. He barely had a scratch on him; Sonic was at a serious disadvantage, even out of the water "I can do it." He whispered to himself, but he only just believed it. And his beliefs were stolen when Supremic easily pushed Sonic to the floor and held him there with a foot.

"You're very average, compared to me." He sneered as he drove his heel into the hedgehogs stomach "Even in my lowest evolution, I still had a chance against you. What on earth made you think you could survive me, in the sea, in my final evolution?" Sonic couldn't reply, he gagged as blood flooded his mouth- Supremic had dug into his stomach so hard that he'd started to bleed. "These little stones?" The Pokemon picked up a chaos emerald and Sonic realised he was blue again, he'd lost his power. He'd lost.

He'd failed.