Ch. 1: ...No

I got the inspiration for this story after reading Ghost by Fighter1357 on fanfiction.net. I also thought that this story could also show why Wally and Artemis is not in season 2 so far. Well I hope you enjoy it.

Wally: No, they won't.

Me: Wally? Ummm...

Wally: Didn't expect to see me did you?

Me: Ummmm... not really.

Wally: Yeah, that's what I thought. That's because...

Me: *runs over and slaps a hand over Wally's mouth* No! You can't tell them, that will ruin the whole story.

Wally: *pushes my hand off his mouth* Good.

Me: Ok, I'm just gonna say this ahead of time. I'm sorry. You'll understand after you read this first chapter. Just be glad that I don't own Young Justice.

Wally: humph. With the way you write, you wouldn't think that.

Me: Hey! I...

Wally: Just shut up and let them read the stupid chapter already.

Me: ... ok. Oh, one last thing before you start reading.

Wally: Ughhh, do you have to do this to me?

Me: Sorry, I think it's important. Ok real quickly, 'person's thought', mind link. There that's all I needed to say.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The team was assigned to stake out a warehouse in Gotham. Batman was on a mission with the League and couldn't make it himself, so he made the team go, much to his dismay. The entire Young Justice team was there, well, everyone except Zatanna and Rocket. Zatanna was with the League helping Dr. Fate, and Rocket was with Icon on a secret mission by themselves, which left the original team.

They were all split up into three teams around the warehouse, Robin and Kaldur, Artemis and Wally, and M'gann and Conner.

Is everyone online? M'gann asked.

Yeah, Conner said in his usual deadpan way.

You bet, Wally said happily.

What no stupid pick up line, Baywatch? Artemis asked accusingly.

No way, I'm saving those for you, Beautiful, Wally said giving her one of his trademark grins.

Artemis blushed as she smiled and looked away. You know, we have a mission to complete, Robin said, teasing them a bit.

Yes, we must focus, Kaldur said trying to get the others to focus on the mission again. Kid, Artemis, try to find a way into the warehouse. The rest of us will wait for your signal.

Understood, Wally and Artemis said at the same time. They both looked at each other then turned away slightly embarrassed, they then turned and headed toward the warehouse.

They found a door on the side of the building and three windows, one of them broken completely out. There's a window broken on the west side of the building, Artemis told the others.We'll go in and have a look around.

Understood. Be careful, Kaldur warned them.

Wally and Artemis went in through the window and walked down the hallway. They heard someone talking and headed toward the voice. Once they found the room the voice was coming from, they crouched down so they wouldn't be spotted and tried to listen.