Ch. 4: Artemis

Well guys, heres another chapter of the story :)

Wally: Well it's about time.

Me: And just what does that mean? *crosses arms*

Wally: It means you took forever to update this story and all of my loving fans are gonna scalp you if you do it again.

Me: I see your point. Guys I really am sorry for taking so long to update this but I've been busy and then I couldn't figure out how to go on... sorry :( But hey at least... Arty, are you ok?

Artemis: ..... You made... I... we... he... but, but...

Me: Calm down, Arty, it's gonna be ok.

Artemis: *looks around* Robin! *runs out of room*

Wally: *to me* Oh great, thanks. *to Arty running after her* Artemis, wait!

Me: Ok, sorry bout that confusion but read this chapter and I'm sure you can figure out what she was freaking out about. Enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wally stood over Artemis' apartment. Now that he knew his friends on the team could see him, he was a little scared at how the others would act. "Rob was fine, but I don't think the others will take it so well."

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, concentrated on being invisible, and headed into the building.

He walked into the living room part of the apartment and saw Artemis' mom sitting there watching tv, but he barely glanced at her as he walked past her and toward Artemis' room.

He walked through the bedroom door, hoping she was decent, and saw her lying on her bed. She had her face down in the pillow, so he couldn't tell if she was sleeping or just lying there.

He looked around. It looked just like he remembered it; two beds, a poster for Alice in Wonderland, and a dresser. He sat down on the other bed and just watched Artemis.

He watched her for a good fifteen, twenty minutes before she finally stirred. She sat up and Wally could now see her face. She had red, puffy eyes and tear streaks down her face, and she looked absolutely terrible.

"What are you doing, Arty?"

Artemis jerked her head up and quickly scanned the room. "Who's there?"

'Crap. I'm not invisible enough,' he thought before he closed his eyes and concentrated on being completely visible. 'Might as well. She already knows someone's here.'

Artemis gasped and just stared at Wally as he appeared before her. They starred at each other, Artemis still to shocked by Wally's sudden appearance to speak.

After another few minutes of just staring at each other, Wally finally broke the silence. "Hey, Beautiful," he said smiling at her.

Artemis shook her head, got up, walked over to the other bed, and sat down next to him. Wally just watched her, still smiling.

She slowly reached over to touch him, stopping occasionally. When she finally touched his arm, she gasped again and quickly pulled her hand away then just looked at him.

Wally laughed a bit. "I'm really here, Babe."

Artemis smiled and reached her hand up to touch his face, but just before she touched him, she balled up her fist and punched him as hard as she could. Wally went flying backwards and off the bed.

"What was that for?" Wally asked as he stood back up.

"That was for leaving me!" Artemis yelled as she stormed over to him