I VS Me

Don't think that you know everything about this subject because very few people do.

He told John and ____ to get ready.

(Bolded answer at the end).

I know exactly what goes on in most people's heads.  You are thinking "He told John and me to get ready...that sounds so stupid that can't be correct."  Scroll to the end and find out for yourself how very complicated grammar can be in English.

I know why you and most of the English population thinks that it is "John and I" every time.  It's because that is what we hear from the people around us, the news, even the television character that is supposed to be the genius!

I=subject pronoun

-refers to the person performing the action.

Me=object pronoun

-refers to the person that the action is being done to.

Sounds complicated?  Well there's a cheat for that.

You might have to change the sentence, but that is very unlikely.  Take out the "___and I/me" and replace it with either we or us.

If we fits, use I.

If us fits, use me.

Now to some examples!

1. Nico and __ have been close friends for many years.

Using the cheat, it becomes "___ have been close friends for many years."  We fits, so the answer would be "I".

2. Between you and ___, I think Chiron is up to something.

Take out "you and ___" and then replace it with either us/we.  Us fits, therefore the answer is "me".

3. Piper, Hazel, and ___ are planning on sneaking out to go star gazing next week.

By taking out "Piper, Hazel, and ___" and replacing it with "we", the conclusion is clearly "I".

I hope that this cheat helps you out, I learned it from a teacher a while back.  If you have anything that you have trouble with, either message @PoseidonsFavChild or comment it.

Answer to bolded question: me