Fight Or Flight- 5

"C'mon Trafalgar, you're doing fine!"

"NO I AM NOT! GET ME BACK TO LAND RIGHT NOW YOU DAMN BASTARD!"

Kid threw his head back and laughed as he watched Law cling to the seat cushion like a drowned cat.

You see, since the two were trapped on an island and since Kid was tired of doing all the heavy duty work by himself, the redhead had taken it upon himself to teach Law how to swim.

The doctor had been looking bad recently. The bags under his eyes were more prominent than ever and Kid had seen the trembles Law tried to hide from him. The ravenette screamed in his sleep and while Kid had somehow managed to keep up his bulky physique, he noticed that Law was losing weight fast.

So, the redhead figured that a bit of fun and exercise would do the surgeon some good.

"GET ME BACK TO LAND NOW! KID-!"

Kid stopped laughing as Law's grip on the flotation device faultered and he sank into the salty water.

Movies always make drowning out to be some big show of arm waving and screaming, but in reality it's a fairly quiet event.

When Law did not resurface after ten seconds, Kid dove in after him.

The water only rose to about Kid's chest but apparently it was deep enough for the doctor to have a panic attack in.

Kid scooped the slight male into his arms and held him close as they made their way back to shore.

Law was heaving up salt water and trembling horribly against Kid's chest, making the redhead regret ever pulling him into the waves.

Law curled himself into a ball as soon as Kid set him down on the burning sand, wrapping tattooed arms around bare legs in an attempt to conserve warmth.

Thinking quickly, Kid ran to get his new fur coat and swaddled the shivering man in the heavy fabric.

Law balled his fists into the material and bowed his head. He bit his lip to hold back a sob and prayed that Kid would leave. He didn't want the redhead to see him like this.

Through the water still dripping down his face, it took Kid a few moments to see that Law was... crying.

Kid paled considerably at the sight of Law trying to hide his face.

"Oh fuck, Law I'm so sorry-"

"Don't touch me!"

The order was so sudden and so forceful that Kid pulled back immediately, almost falling back into the sand.

Law was shaking like a leaf. His eyes were bloodshot and wild as he scooted himself back away from the redhead.

"Law-"

"Just get away from me!" The tattooed man hissed, retreating even further.

Law's head whipped to and fro, his eyes searching the sand wildly.

Without warning the man suddenly darted up and scrambled up the beach, Kid following after a brief moment of confusion.

He couldn't take it anymore. He just couldn't take it. The night terrors, the shaking, the constant feeling of some massive weight sitting on his chest, the depression, none of it.

Seeing the pile of medicines from the crash, Law dove, grabbing the first pill bottle he could find and desperately trying to screw it open.

Before he could pour the contents into his mouth, however, a pair of strong arms circled his stomach and pulled him away with a force almost equaling the plane crash.