Fight Or Flight- 10

The plane, luckily, did not crash this time.

The hour long flight to Nassau island in the Bahamas did little to calm Penguin down, even with all of Killer's attempts at conversation.

Both men were just nervous, not knowing whether or not their friends were alive.

When Penguin had told Donquixote Rocinante of his and Killer's plan, the tall blonde had begged to go with them, but Penguin couldn't allow that.

There was only the glimmer of a possibility that Law was still alive, and Penguin didn't want his best friend's brother getting his hopes up.

So home Rocinante stayed, though he did pay for Penguin and Killer's tickets.

Walking out of the airport, Penguin's eyes wandered over the groups of people, trying to figure out who this Heat person was.

"There he is." Killer exclaimed, grabbing Penguin's arm and dragging him towards a strange looking man.

Heat was tall, with long dreadlocks dyed a light blue and black thorn-like tattoos stretching across ashen skin.

Penguin had to physically stop himself from rudely staring at the strange man.

When he saw them, Heat raised a hand in greeting, though his face remained solemn.

"Heat." Killer said in greeting, grabbing his friend's hand and pulling him in for a hug and a pat on the back.

Turning to Penguin, Killer clapped the smaller man on the shoulder and pushed him forward. "This is Penguin. He's gonna help us find Kid and the others."

Penguin shook Heat's hand in a polite greeting, then stepped back again.

Heat looked back to Killer, his tattooed lips set into a thin line. "We'll take a cab to the beach where I've got my boat tied up at the docks. From there I can take you guys to my place on Andros. We can come up with a plan there."

Both Penguin and Killer nodded at that and the trio was on their way.

~

The trip from Nassau International Airport to Nicholls Town on Andros took nearly seven hours.

That was enough time for Penguin to gain his sea legs and not vomit off the side of the boat every few minutes, like he had done over the first four hours.

He loved the sea, of course. The sea just didn't seem to love him.

"Y'alright there, Penguin?" Heat chuckled as they docked, slapping the smaller man on the back. "Thought you'd fallen off a few times back there when you stopped throwing up."

Both Heat and Killer chuckled at that, making Penguin flush with embarrassment. "W-Well, I-"

"It's getting late, we should get inside soon." Heat cut him off as he turned to walk up the stretch of beach that led to a small house. "Well figure this all out tomorrow."

Penguin stared, speachless as the two men grabbed their stuff and began making their way to the house.

Killer turned to the boat and beckoned Penguin with a jerk of his head.

The muscular blonde waited patiently as his new acquaintance scramble to get his things and get to the beach.

"Don't worry about Heat." Killer sighed. "He's like that with everyone at first. I know it doesn't look like it, but he's really grateful that you're trying to help us find Kid."

"And Law." Penguin interjected.

Killer felt the corners of his lips twitch upward slightly. "Yeah, and Law."

~

Trafalgar Law sneezed and rubbed his arms, shuffling closer to the fire Kid had built outside their temporary living facilities.

It was November now, and even though they were on a tropical island, Law could still feel the ever chilling breeze seaping into his bones and raising goosebumps on his skin.

"Are you cold?"

The question was soon followed up by a warm arm pulling Law to Kid's side, the redhead's fur coat wrapped around the two of them.

Law felt his face flush, but he didn't try to stop the small, contented smile that wormed it's way onto his face as he snuggled further into the warmth.

Kid let out a contented breath, tilting his head up to look at the stars above them.

Even after all they'd been through, Kid couldn't help just how right it felt to have the older man tucked away at his side.

"You know..." Kid began, glancing back down to stare into the flames. "I've been thinking about this for a while now... and I... I wouldn't mind if nobody came to get us."

Law didn't move or say anything else for a long while after that. The two just sat there in silence until the fire died down.

A dejected feeling filled Kid's heart as the two men entered their shelter for the night and layed down on their respective beds, their backs turned to face each other.

Kid was just begining to doze off when he heard Law's voice call out to him, quietly, but clearly. What the smaller man said made Kid's chest swell with happiness.

"I wouldn't mind either..."