4: Stop and Think

a/n: very short fill in chapter!

*************************

"Why are you home so late? We have to wake up at 6am tomorrow for Uni." Justin rubbed his eyes to adjust to the light in his bedroom, considering Michael had woken him up at 1am and the brightness wasn't at all pleasant.

Michael hadn't stopped smiling, "I went on a date!" He grinned and covered his face with excitement.

"Holy fuck!"

"I know!"

"Well fuck what are you waiting for? Tell me everything!" Justin smiled as he moved aside, leaving a space for Michael to sit on his bed.

As his best friend explained how his night went, Justin listened intensely, not wanting to miss a single detail. Michael told him everything from Luke arriving to the flower shop, to them going Downtown for a walk, he added how Luke bought him whatever he wanted. Justin smiled but then he remembered something.

"And then- Justin, why do you have that face?" Michael's smile faltered.

Justin shook his head, "he sounds like a great guy, but doesn't this all seem to good to be true?" He said, "it's just the way you know, your ex was-"

"Don't mention him in this household." Michael spat and Justin immediately shut his mouth. "You, you don't know that though, not everyone is the same J." Michael wasn't excited anymore.

"Just watch out Michael." Justin said, he wanted to tell Michael he had met someone today as well, but right now his priority was making him feel better. "Come on, let's go to sleep."

And so they slept.

Michael secure in his best friends arms.

As Luke watched, with Zayn by his side.