5: The besties

"Alright now, I'll go get the house utilities." Justin said as he took out a small list from his pocket.

"And I'll go get the food," Michael smiled as he did the same and retrieved the list in his pocket.

Justin smiled in agreement, "see ya in a bit Mikey!" Both boys went into different directions of the store as soon as they grabbed a shopping cart, concentrated on finishing their task so they could have the rest of the day free to do whatever they wished.

Michael fixed his black scarf and trench coat, appreciating the warm temperature in the store; which contrasted from the cold weather that had started due to autumn beginning.

"Okay so first up," Michael squinted his eyes, "muffins?" he laughed. Justin must've added some things to his list.

He sighed but nonetheless grabbed a box of freshly baked muffins and put them inside the cart, proceeding to look for more items.

Justin hummed to the cheerful and relaxing classical music that played throughout the store. He marked napkins off the list and smiled seeing that he was almost finished gathering everything.

"Justin is that you?"

Justin quickly turned his head and smiled excitedly, "Zayn? Wow it's nice seeing you here!"

Zayn returned the smile and walked over to him, he had a grocery basket with a loaf of bread in it and random fruits, making Justin chuckle. "Same here, hey are you by any chance free today?"

"Uh," Justin adjusted his beanie as he felt suddenly upset knowing that had plans, "I am, but I promised Michael that I would take him out for dinner and a movie today..."

The raven haired male felt Luke's presence, he mentally rolled his eyes.

"Do something you fucker."

"Oh, um," Zayn tried his best to muster a pained expression, "is he your... boyfriend?"

Justin's eyes widened, "No, no! Nothing like that, he's my best friend and we kind of have this thing where we-"

"It's okay." Zayn said simply, "I'll see you around." He turned to walk away and smirked.

..3
..2
..1

"Wait, Zayn!"

Jackpot.

Zee turned around slowly, "yes? What is it?"

Justin bit his lip and sighed, "I'm, I'm sure Michael won't mind."

Zayn smiled, "I'll pick you up at 6."

"Chocolate milk, or strawberry milk, chocolate milk, or strawberry milk..." Michael furrowed his brows as he debated between his favorite drinks. "Chocolate milk or strawberry mi-"

"I think taking both would be an excellent idea." He felt someone say by his ear.

"Shit!" Michael exclaimed as he accidentally let both milk cartons fall on the ground.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you." Luke smiled as he bent down to grab both drinks and put them inside Michael's shopping cart.

"Haha, no no you didn't startle me!" Michael lied as he gave the pretty blonde a cheesy smile. He didn't want to seem like a wimp in front of Luke so he stuffed his hands into the large pockets of the trench coat to hide the fact he was still shaky from the incident.

Luke played with his lip ring as he grinned, "do you have any plans tonight? I really enjoyed hanging out with you the other night and I would love to give it another go."

Michael felt his heart flutter and his eyes gleamed showing the excitement he felt, "Yes of course I would love to-" he stopped and recollected himself, it was his and Justin's night out.

He couldn't ditch his best friend for someone else, that's just not right. "Actually, I can't today Luke I'm so sorry."

Knowing exactly the reason for this, the blonde felt a pang of anger and he clenched his fist.

This stupid idiot, he thought to himself.

Luke's lips curved into a smile, remembering that Zayn had taken care of Michaels dearest best friend.

"Yeah I totally get it, don't worry about it Mikey." Luke winked and put his hand on Michaels shoulder, comforting the shorter boy. "Do you think I could maybe get your number though, I completely forgot to ask last time. I would love to stay in touch."

The pale boy felt his face go red and bit his lip to keep himself from smiling any wider. "Yes! Here!" He took out his phone as Luke did the same, they exchanged numbers and Michael tried his best to not squeal over how he actually got a pretty persons number.

"Text me whenever, I'll always be there." Luke smiled and took Michael into one of his signature heartthrob embraces.

Michael didn't know what to say, he felt his heart flutter and his eyes widen, "yeah." The shorter boy's breath was shaky and the blonde could feel his heartbeat against his chest.

Luke couldn't help but smirk as he felt Michael hug him back.

Earth boys are so easy.