1

Okay I got 10 votes a lot quicker than I thought I would. Thank you so much for the support on this story already, I love hearing your feedback in the comments or through messages. I promised a chapter at 10 votes and I keep my promises so here it is :)

"Lou! Hurry your lazy arse up or you're going to be late for the first day of school!"

"Ughh mum I can't go I have um...uh, Chlamydia? Wait! No, that's an STD. I have the stomach flu."

"Oh you poor thing, guess you'll have to go get a shot to get better." Jay teased. Louis grumbled and got out of bed.

"Not funny. You know I hate shots." Jay just laughed and smacked his bum, hurrying him into the loo so he could get ready. Louis was starting year 12 today whilst Niall was starting year 10. Jay then made her way over to her younger son Niall's room. She took a different approach in waking him up. Louis was the loud, sassy, obnoxious one who sometimes had an attitude that got the better of him. He was a smart mouth and tended to cause mischief at school despite Jay scolding him multiple times to set an example for Niall. Niall on the other hand was a mumma's boy. Since he was little he clung to Jay, even more so after what happened with Greg. He was soft spoken but extremely cheerful all the time. Nobody ever saw Niall without a smile on his face.

"Niall love, it's time to get up." She gently shook the 15 year old trying to get him to wake up. He opened his eyes and yawned.

"Morning mum." He said with a bright smile on his face. He crawled out of bed and kissed Jay's cheek before going into the other loo to get ready. As soon as that door closed Niall's smile dropped. Looks could be deceiving. Niall was everything Jay thought he was, except happy, that was an act he put on for his mum and Louis. He turned on the shower and removed his jumper and sweats, looking in the mirror as he waited for the water to heat up. He held out his arms and inspected the bright red lines and deep purple scars that lined his arms and thighs and scattered across his stomach. Nothing had been the same since a year ago when the incident happened. He actually used to be really happy but that day changed it all. He wouldn't ever show that he was sad though, if there was one thing Niall hated more than anything it was pity. He's been dealing with it all his life after what happened with his biological mother and even more so after what happened with Greg. He figured if he acted happy no one would assume he wasn't okay and so far he was right.

He stepped in the shower seeing as it had warmed up enough and sat down against the tile wall. He grabbed his razor and contemplated whether or not to do it. He did this everyday and he always ended up giving in. It was his safe haven. He looked for a spot on his body to do it and groaned when he couldn't find a place so he decided just to cut over a healing wound. He made 10 slashes on his left wrist and 10 on his right. Now Niall didn't have OCD or anything, sure he liked things to be equal and orderly but he wouldn't go off the deep end if they weren't. He continued to sit in that spot for about five minutes as he watched the water turn a crimson colour as it washed away his blood. He wished it could wash away the pain as well. Not the physical pain, he was used to that, he was talking about the emotional pain that plagued his mind every bloody second of every god damn day. Eventually he stood up and washed himself down quickly before stepping out of the shower and getting dressed for the day. Grey skinnies, white shirt, blue varsity jacket, and white high tops. He didn't feel like doing his hair so he just threw on a blue beanie. Niall loved the colour black but he didn't wear it often because he felt like that might make people assume he was depressed. They wouldn't be wrong but he didn't need people to know that so he stuck with colours such as grey, white, blue...anything that didn't radiate sadness. When he was done getting ready he went downstairs and sat down at the table where Jay had already served him breakfast.

"Thanks mum." She walked over and kissed the top of his head.

"You're welcome sweetie but can you do me a favour and go get your brother? He's throwing off our schedule already." Niall just rolled his eyes and smiled before going back upstairs to get Louis.

"Lou mum says hurry up. There's breakfast waiting for you too." Louis opened the door wearing black rolled up skinnies, a grey shirt, white toms, and a black beanie.

"I'm coming. Hey Ni do you think you could tell mum I have the stomach flu, she believes everything you say. I don't have that kind of credibility." Niall just laughed and playfully shoved Louis.

"Maybe if you didn't try to tell her you're chronically ill every time we have to go to school she might actually believe you." Louis just scoffed.

"So you ready for year 10 little bro?" He asked as he ruffled Niall's hair under the beanie. Niall quickly fixed it and shoved Louis' hand away. Niall and Louis were actually extremely close considering they were two years apart. Niall didn't find Louis bossy and Louis didn't find Niall annoying, they loved hanging out with each other. In fact, Niall only hung out with Louis and his friends Zayn and Liam, who were a couple. Niall didn't have any friends of his own but he was okay with that.

"I'm excited. I'm looking forward to music." Niall said with a smile, it was genuine that time though, he really did love music.

"I'm just looking forward to mingling with the cheerleading squad again." Louis said with a laugh. Louis wasn't the best at school. He was also known as the school player, he didn't do relationships and honestly was a downright arsehole to any girl he talked to. Almost gave Jay a heart attack from the amount of pregnancy scares he was involved with last year. Niall knew that Louis also put up an act. He knew Louis wanted to find love and that he really was a sweet and caring guy, he just wanted to have this tough guy image. The two boys made their way downstairs and ate quickly before saying goodbye to Jay and getting in Louis' car, taking off to their first day of school.

"What do you have first hour?" Louis asked Niall as he reviewed his own schedule.

"Maths,you?"

"Games" Louis grinned. He was extremely talented at sports, especially footie, so this was the only class he looked forward to. Louis walked Niall to class despite his protests and kissed his forehead before leaving to his own class. Niall walked to the back, smiling at everyone along the way. He sat down in the far right corner of the room and got his notebook out.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Niall jumped, startled by the voice of the boy sitting next to him. He had never seen him before.

"Oh, no I, um, I'm not gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that or anything. That was my older brother Louis. He's a year 12 and he's kinda overprotective." The boy smiled at him.

"Well that's nice. I only have an annoying older sister. Still love her though. Oh how rude of me, I'm Harry by the way." He stuck his hand out for Niall to shake which Niall took, smiling at Harry.

"I'm Niall"

That was the first chapter, I hope you liked it. Please leave some feedback down below  :) Thank you to  for the being the first person to comment on this story.

QOTC: What exactly do you think happened to Greg?