02.

TWO ; FORCE OF HABIT 

     The door was thrown shut in her face, the metal only inches away from her nose. She only managed to catch a glimpse of the dark-haired boy she had seen earlier. Much time wasn't given to think it over as Evan was already whisked away by doctor Crawford once more. The girl let out a huff as the guards gripped her upper arm and dragged her along, not even offering an apologetic look as they pulled her with them.

     As much as Evan wanted to go back and be with Janson during the conversation with the new boy, or stand behind the glass cover to listen along, she wasn't given the chance to. Evan wanted to know what was going on and it highly annoyed her that no one would tell her. And if they did, it would be cryptic and vague, never actually a decent answer.

     Yanking her arm out of the man's grip, Evan glared fiercely at him before following the doctor, knowing better than to disobey a task given. Although she hadn't exactly been told what to do. All she knew was that they needed her to transport someone. It sounded weirder than it actually was.

     The guard rolled his eyes at the stubborn girl and grumbled under his breath, muttering something about ungrateful teenagers and thick-headed women. Evan took it as a compliment, being called a woman despite the fact she was only nineteen. She chose to ignore the rest he mumbled.

     Walking through the various white corridors, they eventually reached a metal door. It was locked safely with a deadbolt, as if the person inside had the ability to escape with only a normal lock on the door.

     Evan glanced around as doctor Crawford pulled a keycard out of her lab coat, moving to unlock the door. The girl's eyes shifted to the weapons which were strapped around the guard's thighs, making her shift on her feet with uneasiness. Why they needed fire-arms when simply transporting someone was beyond her. Though, it would also explain the deadbolt. Or perhaps it was never about the person, but about those who would try to get whoever was inside, out.

     The sound of the door creaking open made Evanna look away from the guns and into the room. She stepped in after doctor Crawford and listened to the woman as she spoke softly to someone, almost motherly.

     "Hello, Teresa. We're just going to do some last tests on you, okay? We promise you can join the others after that," she said, voice sweet yet oddly persuasive.

     Evan's eyebrows furrowed and she tilted her head to the side a little, confused by what else they were supposed to test the new girl on. But as usual, she wasn't given any time to mull it over, as a shoulder harshly collided with hers.

     Stumbling back, Evan bumped against the wall. She rubbed her shoulder as she stared at Teresa with wide eyes, wondering why she had done that. One of the guards shot her a quick glance, as if asking if she was okay. Evan simply nodded, rolled her shoulder and exited the room, following doctor Crawford and Teresa.

     "Why am I here?" Evan eventually blurted out, not being able to keep the question in any longer.

     The man on her right chuckled a little as he looked at her, pointing at the brunette who was silently following the doctor for the last remaining tests. "We thought that seeing a face closer to her own age would help. Seems she hates you more than any of us, though."

     Evan huffed in annoyance as the other guard, a woman, joined the man in his not so discreet laughter. It were times like these where the girl wished she had some kind of weapon to show off with, or some skill to threaten them with. But she had none of those except for knowledge. But she didn't think using that right now would work in her favor.