Chapter VIII

~~~

We arrived at Zora's Domain, grimy, sweaty, and in desperate need of a bath. Thankfully, the Domain was centered on the Zora's chief need for water.

The Domain was huge, complete with what seemed to be natural structures made of rock and pools of water. The water was crystal blue and pristine, and I felt my knees grow weak at the sight. I longed to jump in those wonderful waters right then and there, but Aqua and Marine held us back.

"We would like to introduce you to our father first before you all have a shower," Aqua motioned for us to follow her. The rest of the group dispersed, leaving just our original group with the addition of Aqua and Marine.

I sighed inwardly but knew that it was for the best. I glanced over at Zelda, who looked all but happy at this moment. She gazed at the clear, blue water one last time before turning to face me with a slight smile. This was going to be hard for both of us – to be so grimy and disgusting with water within reach – Yeah, this was hard.

I fought all my urges to turn around, racing to the water, and instead followed Marine and Aqua as they walked to what I supposed was the Zora equivalent of the Gerudo and Hylian "throne room."

"Aqua! Marine!" came a sickeningly sweet call.

I cringed, as did the rest of our group, besides Nabila, who just so happened to be chatting away with her new friend. "Who's that?" I questioned.

"I don't know – But do I want to?" Aziz scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Nabs placed a hand on his arm, "You're taken already, Aziz. You know that. Let whoever it is chase Sheik – or Link."

I saw Zelda's eyes darken slightly and wondered if the cause of her actions was Nabs mentioning me or Sheik... I certainly hoped it was me, but I wasn't exactly sure why...

Four female Zoras at various stages of adolescence and early adulthood came storming through to where we were standing, all crushing the Zora twins in a very large group hug. "Aw, Aqua! Marine! Why didn't you tell us you were coming?" one squealed.

"Yeah! You've been gone for ages! What do you find so fascinating about having 'adventures' anyways?" another added.

We Gerudos and Hylians stepped away from the group inconspicuously, exchanging glances warily as the screeching and squealing continued. All I wanted was to take a shower! – or a swim...

Marine giggled. "OK, girlies. Calm down. We know you've missed us a ton – as you should – But we have to speak to Daddy really quickly. We have a question for him."

"Yeah," Aqua agreed, "Now can please get off of us? It's not like we've been gone for years or something like that."

All four of the girls turned and gave her side eyes.

Aqua threw her hands in the air dramatically. "OK! OK! So maybe we have been gone for a few years – So what?"

Aziz cleared his throat awkwardly, gaining all the girls' attention. "Where did you find him, Sis?" one of the girls exclaimed.

"Back up – He's mine," Nabs barked quickly, her eyes narrowing. She threw a possessive arm around Aziz's shoulder.

All the girls sighed disappointedly until they noticed me and Sheik. One look in their eyes, and Sheik and I took off into a fast-paced run, not stopping even when Zelda called out to us. Soon, Zelda joined us, and we ran to the water.