Chapter XIX

Yo, guys! And Merry Christmas!!!! <3 I wanted to give you guys a little Christmas present so I finished this chapter (and it's been about a year since I started writing this, haha). I love you guys, and I really need to finish this up, lawl. I started this chapter in SEPTEMBER. It's high time this is posted.

So, enjoy, everyone! Thanks for 3K views and all those other stats - you guys are awesome! You all make my day even better with all your votes and comments! So, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :D LOVE! <3

~Elsie

(I hated this chapter... -.-)

~~~

I had to force my way through the ranks of Gerudo to get to my rival turned nemesis. He watched me, clutching Relena's arm sadistically. Her arm was beginning to bruise, and I could see it – even from a distance. Several Gerudo were surrounding the Loftwing, and I figured that I could take them out easily. I stood a better chance of rescuing the Loftwing than Relena at this point, yet I felt if I did the Loftwing first, I'd be choosing her over Relena. Yet I couldn't let Crimson down. I was conflicted but forced myself to make up my mind quickly.

While heading for the Loftwing, several other Gerudo fighters intercepted me. I was able to take them out easily, and I ran straight for the Loftwing. The Gerudo guarding her were exceptional fighters. I didn't exit the fight unscathed; bruises covered my face, and a red, angry cut oozed blood on my right cheek. Yet the Gerudo lay dead at my feet anyways.

I untied the Loftwing, and she seemed to understand that I was helping her because she allowed me to touch her. She was badly hurt, and I had to get her back to her mate. I fought those that dared oppose me and gently smoothed her feathers soothingly. Crimson flew to us, and his mate nuzzled him carefully.

"Alright, friend," I sighed at their reunion. "You should take care of your mate."

His mate was barely able to fly, and her wing looked broken. She winced in pain but managed to get into the air. Crimson gave me a slight nod in acknowledgment.

I nodded back, fending off anyone that was trying to stop their escape. "If you ever need me, you know where to find me." Enviously watching them take off together, I fully immersed myself back into battle, welcoming all thoughts of finally finishing this once and for all.

Ren had sneaked off with Relena while I was releasing Crimson's mate, and a growl rose in the back of my throat. Forcing my way through the fray with my blade in hand, I killed anyone who opposed me on my way to my arch rival – my enemy.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Nabooru and Impa fighting back to back. I was looking for Relena. I needed to get her out of here; then, I had to fight Ganondorf. Trying to find her in the large swarm of people, I caught Zelda's eye. She looked horrified, her mouth agape and her eyes filled with terror. Her line of vision wasn't trained on me, however, but what was happening in front of her.

I whipped around to see what she was watching and felt bile rise up in the back of my throat. Ganondorf had her father in a chokehold, and he was slowly killing the Hyrulean king, depriving him of the oxygen needed for survival. A knife was pressed to Zelda's throat, and she was clearly panicking. Sheik was standing in the background, smoldering silently; I could feel his anger and rage. He felt helpless at that very moment because, for some reason, he was unable to slip into a shadow and was restricted by two Gerudo warriors.

Trying to spot the rest of Zelda's family, I could only see her father and Sheik, not Arvid and Katrin. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught sight of something terrible – something I was not expecting nor wanting to see. The Castle was ablaze.