four

fanmade trailer by @TheKateNicole

P H I L 'S P O V

I woke up tangled in the sheets, Dan's legs intertwined with mine. The boy next to me was fast asleep, and then I realized how cold it was, looking down to see that the both of us were unclothed.

I shivered, cautiously sliding out of bed to slip on pajama pants, quickly climbing back in to snuggle up against Dan. However, the boy groaned, alerting me that I woke him up. He turned over, locking eyes with me tiredly.

"Hey," he breathed.

"Hi," I giggled. "Sorry for waking you up."

Dan rubbed at his eyes. "S'fine. How are you feeling?"

"You're the one that got fucked; I should be the one asking you that," I laughed. Dan blushed. "But I am feeling good."

"I feel great- a little sore, but a good type of sore."

I kissed his forehead. "That's good."

The moment was ruined by the house phone blaring downstairs. I rose to get it, but the ringing cut short, signifying someone had answered it.

"Hello?"

It was my dad who answered. I tilted my head, listening to him speak. Dan eavesdropped too.

"Who is this?" He snapped. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well he sounds pissed," Dan blinked, sitting up. I crouched, grabbing some clean boxers of mine and tossing them to the silver-haired boy in my bed. "Thanks."

I waved him off, cautiously pushing open my door and creeping down the hallway to eavesdrop.

"What do you mean you want to talk to my son? How do you even know him?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. Who's on the phone?

Dan appeared behind me, his hand intertwining with mine on instinct.

"Don't call back again, or I'll call the police," My father had threatened before slamming the phone down. I headed down the stairs with Dan, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Who was that?" I looked over at my dad. He shook his head, confused.

"I don't know, some girl said she wanted to talk to you. She said she'd hurt you if you refused."

"Well did she say a name?" I blinked.

"Wirrow, but I don't know how this has anything to do with that kid."

I froze instantly, my eyes going wide. Dan squeezed my hand tightly, and I heard his breath hitch. Without a reply I hurriedly dragged my boyfriend back to my room, slamming the door. I began to pace back and forth, trying to even my breathing.

"It's a prank- it's gotta be a prank," Dan denied, his eyes watering. "It has to be a prank."

"Why would it be a prank, Dan?" I snapped. He flinched. "Nobody else knew about Wirrow, or wants to hurt us, or knows what really happened with the guy!"

"B-but that explosion back at the shack. . ." Dan gulped. "It killed everyone. Bryony shot a girl, and the rest went up in flames."

"Yeah, the people in the shack," I responded, setting my hands on the dresser and looking down at the tattoos that covered them.

Dan stood. "What do you mean in the shack? Phil, nobody else was there-"

"You don't know that," I whipped around to face him, stepping close to him. "Do you ever remember another guy being around the shack?"

The boy shook his head. "It was just Ross, Nyla, and that other girl."

I ran my hands over my face. "No. No, something's not right. Somebody who was part of the pact had to have survived. Otherwise that makes no sense. Maybe it turned out the same way it did in the woods- that small group was hiding there the whole time. So what if another group was hiding while that building blew up?"

A single tear left Dan's eye and he clenched his fists. "No, that can't be true!"

"It's the only thing that makes sense, you're just denying it. Somebody could be out there wanting revenge.

"Stop it!" He cried. "You don't know that! You're always assuming the worst of things- you're such a pessimist and you know it."

"And you aren't? Please, when I met you, you were some anxious little shy boy who feared the dark and could barely even keep eye contact. I'm just mature enough to accept that the world is not some pretty bullshit poem as it is to you!"

"Fuck you! I never thought the worst of things, I thought the deeper meaning of things. There's a difference, asshole."

"I'm being the asshole? You're being such a baby over the fact that you can't just accept the fact that someone could be after us again. We both know I'm right, you're just afraid that if you admit it then it'll haunt you for weeks!"

"Quit acting like you know everything about me! You're not my mom!"

"Obviously I'm not! She's dead!"

Dan fell silent and so did I. I immediately shot my hand to cover my mouth, surprised that I said such a hurtful thing. I opened my mouth to speak, reaching my hand out, but Dan only stepped back.

"Don't touch me."

"Dan-"

"Shut up. I don't wanna hear it," Dan let out a shaky breath, avoiding my gaze. "But fine, if you're so set on the idea that someone could be out there to hurt us, then fine. We'll go see."

"What?"

"We'll go back to where the shack blew up. Look for footprints, fallen jewelry or something."

"Dan, there's probably not even gonna be anything," I began.

He snapped his head towards me, glaring. "If there's even the smallest of a chance that someone wants to hurt us, then we're gonna check it out. Got it?"

My lips formed in a tight line and I nodded once. "Yeah, got it."

Quickly, we grabbed our backpacks, digging under my bed for small weapons and tossing them in the bags. I zipped it up, tossing Dan his signature military jacket and slipping on my own. Together, we headed downstairs.

My mother raised an eyebrow at us. "Where are you two going?"

"To a friend's," I lied. My dad piped in with,

"You don't have any friends."

"Gee, thanks." I scoffed. "By the way, they live in the UK."

"If you're doing drugs, just tell me."

I held back a laugh. "We're not. We'll be back in a couple of days, I promise."

"I can't control you because you're eighteen now. . . just, update me on everything that happens." Dad told me. "Please please please be safe. Just come back quick this time."

"Sure thing, dad."

Little did he know, this was completely the opposite of safe.