Preparing for the 'First' C-rank Mission

~~~~Naruto's Pov~~~~

I walked out of the Hokage's office with Sasuke, and Sakura trailing behind us. I looked towards my old friend and nudged him slightly to gain his attention. "You calmed down yet?" I asked softly when he looked at me. 

He sighed as we continued down the stairs to get out of the building "It annoys me then everyone is underestimating you" he admitted. 

I laughed "It better to be underestimated as a ninja so you get get the surprise attack, besides you knew that was going to happen, so why react the way you did?" I questioned as we turned the corner to the Uchiha compound and Sakura waved goodbye to which we nodded towards her and give a small wave back as she ran away. 

"You have done so much, lost so much all because of this village and the shinobi world and yet you never ask of anything in return... Sometimes I never understand you." he answered tiredly. 

"I've done all that because I desire to protect my friends and precious people and if you think about it I haven't done anything yet because of the world going back in time thing." 

He smiled at my response as he opened his door to his house and looked at me "Aren't you going to pack, dope?" 

I grinned and shook my head quickly "Nope, got everything in a couple storage scrolls as I remembered what was happening today, besides there are so much easier to carry." I explained walking in his house with him before sitting down in the living room and waiting for him to finish packing.

After about 10 minutes, Sasuke came down with a yellow backpack and his sword at his side in the usual fashion he has it in. I raised an eyebrow "You're bringing your sword?" he nodded, dropping said sword and backpack at the front door before walking back to me. 

"If we're fighting one of the nine swordsman of the mist I'll want it with me just in case" he explained. I nodded in understanding. The sword's scabbard was black like his old sword and the sheath is black/reddish colour. The blade itself is greyish with a silver glint.

After the war, Sasuke's sword was destroyed by Kaguya Ōtsutsuki in one of her dimensions so we when to the land of iron to get a new sword made. So no-one would recognise it as it never existed or even been made yet, which works in our favour. The sword was named 'Akuma no hanketsu' meaning 'Demon's Judgement' but Sasuke just calls it Akuma for short. It's blade is the strongest and can stand up to my four-tailed mode and pierce through it though not beyond that. His blade has the ability to drain Chakra and can channel his lightning chakra like his old sword could.

Sasuke looked at me as if realising something and motioned me to follow him. Curious, I obeyed. We walked into the kitchen and I raised an eyebrow as he practically forced me to sit down. "Why don't you tell me when you're hungry, huh? You're my Hokage and here you are starving yourself half to death" he ranted with an annoyed tone of voice. 

I pouted childishly "I am not starving myself to death" I defended. 

"Oh yeah?" I nodded "Then you wouldn't mind taking off your horrid orange jacket to show me, would you?" he asked with a smirk and when I didn't move he turned away from me and went about making me something to eat. "I know how people treat you when you were 12, Naruto. So when you're hungry, ask. Saying that don't come to my house at ridiculous times at the night proclaiming you're starving and demand food." he said with a sigh as I began to smell the delicious smell that was Sasuke's cooking. I suppose it helps being trained by a snake pedo who probably has the worst cooking skills or eats mice whole.

Sasuke was the only person who I've ever told about my childhood and how it was really like. He also knows about me pretty much going on every mission half starved, which is why I ate like pig every time I'm offered food. The reason for this is because the landlord of my apartment decided to triple my rent when I became a ninja so that left little money of food, clothes or weapons. I suppose being a clueless idiot about the world helped cover up the harsh reality that was going on around me to others. Saying this I wouldn't change it for the world, after all the past is what makes you in the future. As Jiraiya once said to me: 'Knowing what it feels to be in pain, is exactly why we try to be kind to others.' Sasuke was pissed when I told him, it took me a whole week to calm him down and I had to lock him in his house and lie to everyone about a mission that he was sent on. After that week, he became an anbu and quickly moved up the ranks to become a respected and powerful head anbu. Seeing this, I asked him if he wanted to become my personal bodyguard to which he accepted. But if i'm being honest I only said that because he was pushing himself too hard and didn't give himself some cooling down time. Of course he is powerful so that helps when I'm being attacked. Not like anyone really attacked me. Mine and Sasuke's strength was listen beyond S-rank and most ninja knew it was pretty pointless to challenge us.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Sasuke placed a hot plate of stew (or any other food you can think of) in front of me. I beamed with happiness and wolfed down the food in a heartbeat before patting my full stomach contently. Sasuke shook his head at me, muttering "Dope" to which I replied:

"Teme"

"Dope"

"Teme"

"Dope!"

"Teme!"

"Dope!"

"Teme!"

By this time we were standing up with our heads pushed together before we blinked in realisation. "We don't have time for this" Sasuke said, picking up my empty plate and washing it quickly after realising we have 10 minutes to get to the gates. 

I shrugged "I don't see why we are worrying, after all kakashi-sensei is going to be late" I reminded him forgetting about the argument we just had. He turned around and I followed him to the front door, checking my scrolls were still secure in my pocket. How, may you ask, was I able to fit two scrolls in a single pocket? Simple, I put a seal on the inside of my pocket so the my pocket is endless. Basically my pocket is my new backpack. I opened the door as Sasuke lifted his backpack on to his back and made sure his sword was securely. We walked out together and Sasuke turned around so he could lock his door before turning around again so we could walk off to the gates.