Team Gai

~~~~Naruto's Pov~~~~

I sighed, we're waiting at the red bridge for Kakashi yet again. And yet again he was three whole hours late... Yesterday we had a talk with Gaara after he got away from his sensei and siblings. Basically he wants to help us out and so he says he is going to help fight against the sound shinobi during the invasion but won't hurt his own, which I can understand. It makes my life easier, anyway as now I could possible save the old man from dying. Though doing that will mean we'll have to show Jiji how we really are... So I'm still thinking it through, saying that I'll probably just rush in to save him anyway. I had been told multiple times that I rely too much on instinct.

Before I could dive deeper into my thoughts, Kakashi decided to show up "Morning guys, today I got lost on the road of life" I and Sakura turned to him as he was smiling away innocently.

"LAIR!!! AND YOU'RE LATE!!!" I exclaimed with Sakura, mentally snickering because I knew about Kakashi's enhanced hearing. 

"Well anyway... I know this is sudden but I've nominated you guys for the chunin exams" he said, hiding a wince I was happy to see. 

I jump at him and hugged the life out of him like I did last time just for the fun of it. I mean just look at his face... 

"Hey stop it... Get off of me" when I didn't move Sasuke walked over to me and grabbed my ear before pulling me back. Free of my hold, Kakashi handed out the nomination slips. "Though this is just a nomination. Whether to take the exam is up to each of you. Those who wish to take part in the exams should sign those papers and turn them in at room 301 by 4pm tomorrow. That is all." before we could ask anymore questions, Kakashi disappeared on us like usual. 

"I'm beginning to think he doesn't like us..." I said out loud, mocking a depressed tone of voice. 

"What gave you that idea, dope?" Sasuke asked sarcastically 

"Shut up, teme" I said back before glancing at Sakura and then to Sasuke. 

He got the idea and walked up to her, however she was still thinking to realise. Something is definitely wrong. "Hey, Sakura." called Sasuke and Sakura looked up but the usual spark in her eye gone. "You've gotten stronger" he said simply with a small but nonetheless visible smile. 

Her eyes widen in surprise "...Sasuke..." she muttered in surprise. 

"You don't need to feel any doubt because when you're in a team you can trust your teammates to have your back" he continued softly to her before turning around "I won't force you to come nor will I look down upon you if you don't" he said before walking off. Sakura was still stood there in shock. I smiled before walking off silently, knowing that Sasuke has said what was needed to be said.

-----TimeSkip-----

When we all met up, we finally walked into the school building to see Team Gai putting on a performance with a whole audience watching and everything... I smirked silently as we walked up to the 'genin' in front of us who were actually the gate keepers. "That's nice and all but can we go up the stairs now?" asked Sasuke with a smirk "Oh and can you release the genjutsu too while you're at it" he continued

Some people in the crowd muttered "What's this guy talking about?"

 Sasuke turned to Sakura "Sakura you must have seen it first right?" Sakura turned to the Uchiha with a surprised expression up her face, more for the compliment than the knowledge "Your analytical ability and genjutsu know how is the most improved on our team" he continued and Sakura smiled at him gratefully.