A contract of trust

~~~~Naruto's Pov~~~~

It was one day before the fight on the bridge and we needed to get Zabuza and Haku to co-operate. I signalled Sasuke with my chakra as he was still training Sakura at the moment. From what he reported, Sakura is making good progress and is showing her true personality little by little which will help when we get to the chunin exams. Sasuke says she can now fight off a low to middle level chunin with the help of her chakra. We don't know a lot about Medical ninjutsu so we 'advised' her for when we get home to look it up whenever possible. She's not fangirling as much as she used to but still is to some extent. Last night, Tazuna told us about Inari's father and how he died which resulted in Gato taking over the town. I already knew it but listened because I didn't want to seem rude.

Kakashi was in a nearby tree reading his book without a care, or that's what it suppose to look like. Being my sensei for six years helps when you wanna read the guy and he is still as alert as always. I ran up the tree and 'finally' succeed by making it to the top much to Kakashi-sensei's relief. He smiled at me and clapped while saying "Well done, Naruto." I sighed, his praises were always half-hearted though I don't mind, that's what makes Kakashi, Kakashi... That and his love of porn. I felt Sasuke drawing closer and Sakura by his side. He's been a lot happier lately, having to be able to spend time with his future Wife. Not that people could tell. The guy really needs to let go and drop the serious face once and awhile.

He walked out of the bushes, his hands in his pockets with an out-of-breath Sakura. Kakashi raised an eyebrow at the sight but I answered from my tree before falling to the ground "Sasuke has been training Sakura." Kakashi looked to me then to Sasuke and then to Sakura 

"When did this happen?" he asked slightly bewildered. 

He didn't know that Sasuke could actually talk or pay attention to other people for long periods of time if it wasn't me by the looks of it. "Sasuke has been training me since I did the tree climbing exercise, Kakashi-sensei" answered Sakura finally having enough oxygen in her lungs to talk. 

Kakashi jumped from his tree and landed softly on the ground, being careful of his ankle. He is recovering nicely and his chakra levels are nearly back up to full. "Well show me how you've improved, Sakura" requested/ordered Kakashi and she smirked confidently, strolling up to a nearby tree. 

She punched the tree with her chakra and we all watched it break into half, shades of bark flying everywhere before it fell to the floor. Sakura turned back to Kakashi with an innocent smile, the destruction behind her and said "What do you think, Kakashi-sensei?" I stepped back, away from the pink haired ninja, remembering all the times I got hit with one of those. 'I'm starting to regret asking Sasuke to train her...' I said mentally, not daring to risk her wrath. Kakashi was still wide-eyed at the destruction before nodding a little too quickly. 

After finding his voice, he said "W-well done, Sakura. You've definitely improved." Sakura beamed at the praise before Kakashi added "Let's go back... Naruto you need to see how many times you can climb that tree with your chakra to make sure you've mastered it." I nodded my head in understanding while Kakashi and Sakura walked back to the house, leaving me and Sasuke behind. 

I turned around to my anbu head "Got your sword?" he nodded and motioned to his waist where it was securely tighten "Hai, Hokage-sama" he teased and I shook my head with a soft smile. 

"Come on, Teme" I spoke, walking in the direction i could feel Zabuza and Haku's chakra.

~~~

Finally arriving near the area, I saw a small house near a creek. We didn't mask our chakra as we didn't want to seem too much of a threat. Walking to the house, we stopped near the front door "Hellooooo" I called and heard no answer "Zabuza and Mr. Hunter-nin? You in there?" I shouted again and heard Sasuke facepalm. Within a second, Haku was in front of me with a sebon pointed at my neck without his mask covering his face "Well that answers my question" i muttered and signalled Sasuke to stand down as he was behind Haku and had his sword pointed to his neck.