Partner in Crime

(A/N: This story has a kind of trigger warning-It's about a bank robbery- so if you're not into that sort of thing well sorry :()

Thalia's POV

My hands flick out the money counting as it flops on the flat surface of the bank counter. The customer thanks me and grabs himself a lollipop peeling off the orange wrapper. Another customer steps up; a pretty girl with a long brown braid when suddenly a gunshot erupts from across the room. A person in a mask is standing there a gun in hand; a small girl in his hands her head pressed against the barrel of the gun. Shit he's using her as a human shield I think as my brain starts racing through ideas. This man is going to blow my whole operation.

"Away from the counters or she dies," the man's voice intones. I stand up from my chair and putting my hands in the air I walk out from behind the counter as the other tellers are doing.

"Everyone sit on the floor." The man yells. He locks the door quickly but forgets to tell us to not talk. Amateur. Now if I were to be robbing the bank- I cut myself short counting on my hands to distract my mind from thinking of how I would be doing this. I just need to focus on getting out of here before the man hurts anyone.

The pretty girl from the counter is sitting but I can see her legs crouched down ready to spring. She doesn't seem frightened or like an amateur so I decide she will be helping me. I know what you're thinking-Thalia you should probably ask people if they want to help you before you decide they will be helping you- but I can get anyone to do whatever I want. Plus I think she wants to help. I grab a piece of paper as the man is distracted screaming fro the bank manager.

Do you want to help me kick this guys ass? I write on the paper and slide it across to the girl who looks at it and nods before scooting over. She presses her shoulder against mine backed up against the wall.

I'll pretend to be blind and you say I have to go to the bathroom and you need me to escort you so we can come up with a plan okay? She writes on the paper. My eyes scan across the page and then I nod.

I stand my pixie cut ruffling against the back of the counter as I stand. I grab a pair of sunglasses from the lost and found, throw them to her as he's distracted and then raise my hand and shout at him a bit.

"Excuse me sir, but the woman over there is blind and has to go to the bathroom, can I escort her to the bathroom?" I ask and the man shakes his head-yes-grunting as he does so. The small girl is crying, the one who has a gun to her head, and her mother is not crying but her chest is heaving; she's totally panicking.

The girl who's helping me is amazing at playing blind. Her feet shuffle and she grabs onto my elbow for support. She's so good she's almost bad at it. We walk past the water fountains and the manager hands over her head trying to override the bank lock. There is crying and shouting and the blare of police alarms. They're finally here. We get to the bathroom and as soon as we do we shut the door and the girl pulls her glasses off and damn, once again she seems so hot.

"So you're Kathy?" The girl says staring at me nametag. I shake my head no.

"I'll explain when we get out but my name's actually Thalia. If we're going to stop a bank robbery you might as well know my name."

"Okay my name is Reyna."

"That's a nice name."

"Thanks."

"Anyway how are we going to stop that bastard?" I ask. Reyna smiles and bites her lip a little in one of the most serious and beautiful smiles I've ever seen.

Reyna POV

Thalia's cute. Very cute. But that's not important. It's also not important that I myself was planning to rob this place before this SOB came by and was ready to rob it in a dangerous way that almost always guaranteed someone getting hurt. I know what we need to do first. We need to get the girl; the man's leverage is her and the minute we take away the leverage we have an equal playing field. Or at least a more equal playing field.

"First thing we need to do is get the girl away from that fucking bastard," I say and Thalia nods and I can see in her eyes that she was about to say that. Sometimes when you're in a pressured presentation you know people in a way you never would if you weren't in that sort of situation.

"How are we going to do that?" Thalia asks and I grab something then from my purse. It's a rolled up map of the bank and a bit of the surrounding area. Thalia's brows furrow as she sees the map. God, I hope she doesn't figure out I was going to rob the bank. "Here I have a pen." She says and hands me a red pen from the pocket of her jeans. She knows what I'm planning.

"Okay, so if we're here," I draw a red star on the small box on the paper that indicates the small cramped bathroom we are currently in. Our map is spread over the toilet and we're leaning on the ground our knees pressed hard against the bleach bright white tiles.

Then we marked the hostage area in a red perimeter. A dot was added to the bank vaults and a triangle to every exit. There are three exits the main entrance, the work entrance and a kind of secluded janitor exit for emergencies. The emergency exit is hard to get too. It's on a passage way for the janitors that is embedded into the wall.

"How about we jump him kick the gun away and then tie him up." Thalia says and I stare at her. Maybe that would work but it's the most half formed plan I've ever heard.

"We need a well planned plan not a- let's jump out of here and grapple the dude to the ground- plan."

"Maybe we improvise. Sometimes improvising is the best plan," Thalia says and I look at her. How would she now? Has she ever been in a situation like this? Because I have and improvising is not the best way.

"How would you know, have you tried that in this sort of situation?"

"As a matter of fact I have and both times it's gone quite well."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"So are we just going to improvise?"

"Yeah, why not. We could just go out there and kick his ass. I'm a good fighter and from your muscles I think you are too."

"Fine, I'll pretend to be blind and you grab him and I'll hit him or something and I taught self defense for three years."

------------

I'm pretending to be blind-scuffling across the ground like I know how to do with expertise- and Thalia is walking next to me a hand wrapped around my waist. I know she's just playing her part but the touch sends freaking tingles down my spine and I've known her for like ten minutes. And then Thalia's hand has left my side and she's freaking judo flipping the dude across the room. But his hand is still on the gun and the girl, the one he was holding at gunpoint is still in his reach and then he's grabbing for her ready to pick her up again. I stamp on his hand and he roars as I hear the fingers in his hand crack. I've broken his hand. Still he has the gun. I jump on the man and punch him in the face and his nose is bleeding Thalia grabs for the gun pulls it out of his hands and points it at him. I roll off of him not wanting to be in the way of the bullet if it comes to that. I grab a scarf from a woman nearby and wrap it around his hands tying it in the hardest strongest knot I know.

"I'll grab the door," a man says unlocking it and pushing it open. A swarm of cops come in and when I turn around I don't see Thalia. I assume she's somewhere else. I pass the man over to a blonde cop, a weird dude, who is looking at me funny.

"This is kind of a weird question," the man says and suddenly my heart starts to pound. "But are you Reyna and aren't you wanted?" I stop still for a second and then turn and run towards the area were the bathroom is. I can hear shouts coming from behind me when suddenly a hand grabs me and pushes me through a door I hadn't realized existed. I know that hand, the one covered in red ink. It's Thalia.

"So you're wanted?" Thalia asks and because I don't know what else to do and because I trust her for no good reason I say yes. Which is the truth. "Cool. So am I. Let me introduce you to me. My name is Thalia Grace and I am a con artist and I am looking for a partner in crime"

"Nice to meet you Thalia Grace," I say shaking her hand."I am Reyna Ramirez-Arellano and I am a con artist and as a matter of fact I am also looking for a partner."