Commemorating the Start of a Friendship

We caught a taxi and rode into the city. Once we stepped out of the bag and into the streets, Prince Roberto looked drunk on freedom.

"All right! Now where shall we go..."

The whole country seemed to share his desire to enjoy life and the city was full of men and women, young and old alike, all busting about chattering and laughing. I walked through those lively night streets together with Prince Roberto.

"Um, is it really okay for a royal such as yourself to be walking around the city at this hour?" I ask him.

"Absolutely. I do it all the time." He was just wandering about aimlessly, but the people who passed us were all looking at him.

"But everyone is staring..."

"Well, yeah. I'm a prince." He seemed to shrug it off as if it were nothing at all.

It's kind of astounding how laid back he is about all this...

We were about to step into the crosswalk when the light started flashing red.

"Oops. Gotta hurry!" he cries.

"Prince Roberto, no. We should't risk it."

"Whaaat? We totally have time!"

"No, we really don't. It's dangerous and your people are watching you."

"So let them watch me jaywalk. Who cares?"

"You can't do that? The people want to look up to their royal family. There are certain standards..."

Prince Roberto muttered under his breath. "God, it feels like I'm stuck with another Al."

"Did you say something?"

"No, ma'am. Absolutely positively negative on that."

We walked for a while through the lively streets of Altaria and I began to understand just why the prince would want to escape from the villa.

"What do you usually do in the city, Prince Roberto?"

"Oh, whatever. Go to cafes and poke around stores." That's kind of surprising. It sounds so normal.

Prince Roberto saw my surprise and asked curiously. "Something odd about that?"

"No, I just thought it seemed kind of... common."

"Really? I wonder if I'm common. What about you, my dear [Y/N]? Where do you want to go? We can go anywhere you'd like!"

"No, no. I would wish only to accompany you wherever you would like to go, Your Highness."

"You really don't have to act all polite like that. If you see a place that you want to go into, just say the word." His easy-going attitude made me feel as if I was just walking around town with a friend.

Is it really okay to feel so comfortable with a prince?

As we kept on walking, we came across a trendy-looking used clothing store.

Oh, I love this kind of place...

I normally would have walked right in, but since I was there with Prince Roberto, I pulled my eyes away. Then the prince stopped in his tracks. 

"Do you mind if we go in here?" he asked me.

"O-Of course not." What a surprise. I wonder if our tastes happen to be similar...

When we entered the shop, Prince Roberto started looking through the vintage jeans.

"These could be good." He pulled a pair of jeans off the rack.