Love's Cupid

Cynthia has been staring at me since she came over.

It's kind of... scary...

I was the one to look away first and then she spoke to Roberto.

"I thought you'd run away by yourself again, but... apparently not." She smiled broadly and her teeth glinted in the light.

"Yeah." Prince Roberto says. "See, today..."

Cynthia was staring hard at my face again. "You were just with Roberto at the party, weren't you?"

"Ah, yes." I reply.

Maybe she doesn't remember that we've met before?

"I dragged her out with me."

"Against her will, I'm sure." As Cynthia mocked him, she started poking him under the arm.

"Hey, stop that!" He blushed as he tried to get away from her tickling.

"Take your punishment like a man."

"S-Stop, I'm begging!" Is he that ticklish?

Just then, the prince's cell phone rang. Prince Roberto and Cynthia both pointed at the cell phone and said in unison: "It's got to be Alberto!"

Wow, that's almost eerie.

Prince Roberto's brow furrowed slightly as he looked at the screen.

"Right as always." He stood up from his seat and put the phone to his ear as he started to walk away. Now that we were left alone, Cynthia stuck out her right hand. 

"Nice to meet you... I think? I'm Cynthia." I shook her hand. 

"I'm a new designer working for Prince Roberto. My name is [Y/N] [Y/L/N]."

"You don't have to be so formal around me! See, I don't bite or anything!" She held up her hands in mock surrender.

"Um, we met once before, but..."

"Did we!? I felt like I'd seen you somewhere before!" Cynthia leaned forward eagerly.

Was that why she was staring at me like that?

"Where was it that we met?" 

"At Nobel Michel? I had gone to deliver your gown and..."

"Oh! And you went to the ball in my place, right!?"

"Yes, that was me..."

"No way! Well, thanks again for doing that for me."

"No, it was no problem. I met Prince Roberto at that ball and that is what led me to coming here. Looks like I did good!"

"I'm like some kind of cupid or something!"

"Yes, only you got me the job of my life, instead of love! I really appreciate it." I bowed my head in thanks and she muttered, her voice full of some emotion.

"But how surprising. I never thought Roberto would bring a girl here..."

"What? Why not?"

"Roberto might just..."

"What?"

Cynthia hesitated for a moment and then laughed teasingly. "I won't tell!"

What is she talking about Now I'm curious...

Prince Roberto finished his phone call and came back to the table, dropping heavily into his seat. When he spoke, he sounded unhappy. "Looks like my time is up..."