Alone in His Room

I had frozen after hearing the prince's words, my eyes fixed on him. After a minute, he burst out laughing. 

"Every time you act so shocked!" he says. 

Argh... Because I was so embarrassed! 

"Would you please stop with the jokes, Your Highness? I'm going to start getting angry." 

"All right! No more jokes!" 

"I find that hard to believe..." 

"I find myself agreeing." 

"Stop it!"  

"Just think for a second! Do you really think you can do your job without joking around?" 

"I think most people do do their jobs without joking around..."  

"There you go again, always having to disagree." 

No, I'm pretty sure I was just pointing out the logical facts... 

There was a knock at the door... 

"Hm? Come on in." Prince Roberto says. 

"Excuse me, Your Highness. I brought tea..." The servant came in carrying a tray with two teacups on it.  

"Oh? Don't tell me. Al ordered you to spy on me?"  

"Th-That's not..." 

The poor servant was clearly flustered and the teacups rattled upon the tray. Prince Roberto laughed to see his handiwork. 

"Tell Al that he can't stop our love." 

"Prince Roberto!" I exclaim. 

"Out with you, Alberto clone!" The servant bowed awkwardly and ran out of the room. "Shall we have some tea?" 

I sat down at the expensive-looking table as directed and looked across at the prince. Prince Roberto gracefully poured tea from the teapot into the cups. 

He's always screwing around, but he still is as elegant as you would expect a prince to be... 

"Here you are." 

"Thank you very much." I tried the tea that Prince Roberto had served. "It's delicious..." 

"My family has drunk this particular blend of tea for generations." 

"The tea of the royal family, huh? I'm kind of jealous..." 

"Really? Doesn't every family have some favorite tea that they always drink?" 

"Well, my family is just a normal family, so there's definitely no tea we've drunk 'for generations'. But we do run a confectionery, so we always drank tea that went well with sweets, I suppose." 

"A confectionery!?"

Prince Roberto stared at me wide-eyed. I asked, without thinking, "Do you like sweets, Your Highness?" 

"How did you know?" 

"Well, your eyes lit up the moment I said the word..." 

"You can see right through me, my dear [Y/N]!" 

"No, your face is just so expensive that I could hardly miss it..." 

"Wow... You're so lucky, growing up in a place like that. So did you get to eat all the sweets you wanted as a kid?" 

"Uh... Well, to some degree, I suppose..." But can't a prince eat all he wants of anything? 

"And you got to look all you wanted?"