Friends Through a Window

After being interrupted once, I finally finished changing and I felt a bit calmer. 

And on top of everything else, I got put in a room that's going to make me feel so nervous...

After pacing around the room for some time, I finally decided that I ought to go thank him for moving me to a new room. I opened the French doors and tiptoed out onto the balcony. Prince Roberto noticed me standing there and opened his door as well, stepping out on the balcony. 

"So you're all moved?" He acted as if he'd had nothing to do with the new room arrangements and I didn't think before I burst out with my honest feelings. 

"Yes, but I'm going to feel nervous all the time in a room this close to yours!" 

"Really? We're together every day anyway and isn't it good to be close to your friends?" He wasn't the least bit bashful about saying such a thing. "Is it okay if I come over there for a bit?" 

"Of course it is not, Your Highness!" 

"That's what I thought you'd say." He smiled teasingly at me. "Oh, yeah." He suddenly looked serious. "So I've just about had it. I'm forbidding you to speak formally to me anymore. I'm going to start getting mad." 

"What? But, Your Highness..." 

"Who...?" 

"R-R-Roberto..." 

"It's seriously so distracting when we're trying to get work done, if you talk like that all the time. That's just the way I feel, so I hope you understand." 

"Y-Yes, sir... Er, I mean... Um, 'roger that'. Or, no, that's not right..." 

"Roger that? Now you're really trying to make me laugh, aren't you?" 

"Sorry... Um... 'Got it'...?" 

"Got what? Oh well, good enough for now. Night-night!" He gave a little wave and went back into his room. 

"Good night..." Now I'm really not going to be able to relax even in my own room... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whenever I had a spare minute between jobs, I usually hung around the villa's courtyard and read. The gardens at Villa Altaria were filled with beautifully blooming flowers. I loved spending my leisure time in that wonderfully freeing environment. I was putting the book that I had just finished reading into my bag when I realized... 

Oh, I completely forgot about returning this...

There in my bag was the book that I had borrowed from Prince Roberto. I had thought about returning it, but it was such a good book that I kept catching myself rereading different sections, and then I'd completely forgotten about returning it at all.

But I've really had it too long now... 

I need to apologize for having it so long and also ask when would be a good time to return it to Prince Roberto. I decided to call the prince on his cell phone. When I did, he just told me, "I'm in the office so come here." 

Doesn't that mean that he's working? Should I really... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood outside of Prince Roberto's office, still hesitating. The door had been left wide open, perhaps because he'd known I was coming. I peeked inside the room and the prince seemed lost in his work, pouring over a thick pile of documents with a serious expression.