Private Jet

I stepped into the Button family's private plane, still clutching the bags from my shopping spree in Oriens. 

"Wow..." 

For someone who had never ridden in anything other than economy class, the interior of the plane was so beyond my imagining that I was left speechless. From the video screen large enough to be private theater to the stylish bar counter. And beyond that... was a hot tub!?

"What is it?" Prince Roberto came to peer at me as I stood unmoving and wide-eyed. 

"N-Nothing... it's just so... It's like flying in a high-class hotel or something." 

"Really? Well, I'm glad you like it." 

As he casually escorted me into the plane, he showed me to a seat wider and nicer than any I'd ever seen. 

This is more like a sofa than a seat, or maybe even a bed...

When the prince encouraged me, I eased myself down into the soft seat. 

"I've never sat in anything this comfortable!" 

"I'm glad that you're enjoying it."

We sat next to each other and the pilot made his takeoff announcements. Alberto was in a room near the cockpit and so we had the entire body of the plane to ourselves. It felt nothing short of luxurious. But I didn't know what to do with myself in the unfamiliar setting and Prince Roberto looked at me worriedly. 

"What's the matter? Do you feel sick?" 

Of course this probably seems like nothing special to him... 

"No, it's just too fancy for me... I'm kind of nervous..." 

"Are other planes pretty different?" 

"Different? Well, for starters, the seats on a regular plane are really narrow and uncomfortable. You always have to worry about the people next to you while you all get served horrible airplane food. But you all eat it like it's actually good..."

"That makes it sound like there are people all around you." 

"Of course there are! You're packed in like sardines!" 

"Huh... Sounds kinda fun." What? "Al normally hangs out around the cockpit to keep an eye on safety, so I'm just stuck back here by myself all the time. I kind of wish there were people all around me!" 

I guess if you think of it like that...

It was true that the spacious inside of the plane was luxurious, but trying to enjoy it all by yourself would feel rather empty. 

So princes even have their own special loneliness... 

We took off and were flying through the peaceful air. Prince Roberto sat next to me, looking elegant as he read a magazine, but I was still as stiff and unmoving as a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming truck. 

The prince glanced at me and then said, "Do you want some champagne? It looks like we're free to take off our seatbelts." 

He pointed to the fasten seatbelt sign.

"But..." I think I'd get sick if I drank on a plane... 

"We have some pretty good champagne, so I don't think it'll make you feel sick." Was I that obvious? "And it would help you relax."

"Relax?"

"Come on. You've had that thing in your lap since we took off, you know?"

"What?" I looked down at my lap and saw the blanket I'd been given upon boarding the plane. It was still still sealed in its plastic bag and I held it tightly on my knees. "I completely forgot..."