Tie Her Up Good, Girls!

Mary Belle stood in the parlor looking out the window.

"Is she coming yet?" Asked a middle aged lady dressed in a pink and black corset with a black ruffled skirt.

"Not yet. " Belle answered as she continued her guard at the window. "Do you have everything ready upstairs?" She questioned another scantily clad lady who was currently sitting calmly in her chair sipping tea.

"Yes, everything is all laid out. I measured her dress against the costume and I am sure it will fit her beautifully, Belle."

Belle chuckled as she thought of what was in store for her dear niece. "Good! I was sure it would work. Girls! Hurry upstairs! She's coming! Bliss is coming!" Quickly, Belle stepped away from the window allowing the curtain to fall back into place. The ladies hurried up the stairs and into Belle's bedroom, each of them trying their hardest not to burst into giggles.

"Aunt Belle?" Bliss was sure she had heard voices coming from her aunt's house, but now that she was standing in the entryway the house was completely silent. What was this? Bliss had a feeling that something was up. Her first clue was the wagon she had seen waiting outside in front of the house. "Auntie?" Still nothing. Bliss walked into the kitchen. The aroma of baking bread was there but nothing else.

Bliss walked out of the kitchen and across the hall to the parlor. Now why would the curtains be drawn? Bliss shook her head as she opened the curtains of each window. She paused just as she was about to leave the room. Was that.... giggling? Yes, it sounded just like a bunch of giggling school girls. And it was coming from upstairs. Setting her jaw, Bliss climbed the stairs uncertain what she would find. Her aunt had always been rather wild. There was no telling what could be waiting upstairs.

As Bliss neared her aunt's bedroom she heard excited whispers and more giggling. She twisted the doorknob and walked in. "Auntie, I hope you aren't overdoi-." Bliss mouth fell open as she stared at the ridiculous sight before her eyes.

Four unknown women were standing on the bed with Aunt Belle. Not quite so shocking, except for the fact that each of these mature women were dressed in dance hall costumes. The costumes had more feathers then they did material. Aunt Belle for example stood quite proudly in a bright yellow dress. The dress reached mid-thigh in the front and tapered to the floor in the back. It had a yellow and black corset top that had lace and feathers everywhere. Her white hair was curled in long ringlets, the top part were pinned high on her head, the back curls were left trailing down her quite naked back. Bliss' eyes stared at the black choker her aunt wore around her neck. What in Sam Hill was going on here?

"Bliss! Sweetheart!" Aunt Belle carefully stepped down off the bed and hugged Bliss. "Darling, you are just in time to have a good time with my friends and I. We are playing dress up with some of Anabelle's old dancing girl costumes" Belle turned and waved to her friends. "Girls! This is my niece Amanda Bliss, she's gonna play with us!" The girls (women, really) immediately started squealing as they climbed off the bed giving Bliss hugs and picking out a costume for her to wear.

"Wait! Ladies! I really don't- Oww!" She exclaimed as one rather aggressive lady started pulling all the pins from Bliss' rather modest hairstyle. "I can't play with you! I have to start dinner!" Bliss cried out as she felt two ladies untying her scuffed boots while her aunt unfastened the back of her dress.

"Nonsense!" Belle exclaimed with a surprising amount of passion. "Dinner can wait. This can not!"

"Just have fun with us." Another lady advised as she lifted Bliss' foot to pull off her boot. "It isn't everyday our husbands let us escape to have some fun."

'If this is what you do I can understand why your husbands keep you at home.' Bliss thought rather grumpily.

The woman curling and dressing her hair laughed merrily. "Of course, you're right, dear!"

Bliss was shocked that she had spoken her thoughts aloud but the women just laughed as they continued making Bliss into a fancy dance hall girl.

One full hour later, Bliss stood in front of the body mirror in her Aunt's bedroom. Her hair was curled and pinned up. She stood with no boots and no stockings in a mint green and dark green dance hall dress quite similar in style to the ones the other ladies wore. She had face powder on and the slightest rouge gracing her cheeks. Her lips were a soft pink, as on of the ladies- known as Jo, had pinched them quite mercilessly before dampening them with water.

"Oh Belle! She is beautiful!" Shirley exclaimed as each of the ladies admired their hard work. Bliss stared at herself in amazement. True, her dress was scandalous, curling hair was hardly heard of in these parts, and no true lady ever wore face powder and rouge, but Bliss felt good. She felt pretty. A slow smile curved her full lips as she turned to look at the lace and bows adorning the back of her dress.

No wonder the ladies had so much fun doing this, it felt....nice. Until Jo opened her mouth and spoke the words that would ruin the rest of Bliss' evening." She's purty as a picture, girls. Now tie her up, Anabelle. That boy is gonna love the surprise we have for him tonight!"

Bliss' eyes widened in fear as she spun around. "Wha-" the rest of her sentence came out rather garbled as a gag was crammed into her mouth and three ladies began circling her body with rope.

"Tie her up good, girls. We don't want her escaping!" Jo declared, a wide particularly toothless grin stretched across her face.

Aunt Belle patted Bliss shoulder in what was meant to be a comforting reassurance. "Now, don't fret or struggle, dear. We've only decided to help fate out a little. It'll be good for you in the end."

Each lady took a hold of Bliss as they drug the girl down the stairs and out the front door.

"Careful not to muss her hair!" Jo kept warning rather sternly.

A/N- THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT MY STORY! IF YOU LIKED IT PLEASE VOTE!

EVERY VOTE AND COMMENT MAKES MY DAY!

ALSO, IF YOU HAVE A HISTORICAL ROMANCE YOU WANT ME TO CHECK OUT, TELL ME THE TITLE IN A COMMENT AND I"D BE GLAD TO TAKE A LOOK!

I LOVE HISTORICAL ROMANCES AND I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER GOOD ONE!

CHCEK OUT MY OTHER STORIES TOO!

HAVE A GREAT DAY<