I Apologize in Advance

I do not own this picture or the caption. Creds to Instagram.

"What have you done?" She whispered. She wasn't sure if she was talking to her son or to herself. She should never have sent him away. She should've seen it coming. "The Force is strong in my family," she muttered aloud. "But so is the Dark Side."

"Leia," she heard a voice behind her. The familiarity of that presence, one she had felt before in her life, frightened her.

"I don't want you near me." She said aloud. For heaven's sake! If she could just control the way Force Ghosts come and go she would push that particular spirit away for good.

"Leia, I just want to-"

She didn't let him finish. "No, stop. I don't understand how this works, but I don't want to see you."

The name of Anakin Skywalker was forever going to be stained by the memory of Darth Vader. The man who destroyed Alderaan, destroyed her real family. The man who caused her birth mother's death, and the reason she grew up separated from her brother. The man who tortured her on the Death Star and the love of her life by freezing him in carbonite.

The man her only son seems to worship so much, the reason her little no went down a dark path.

The man who kept destroying her family.

"I'm sorry." He whispered as he faded away, for good.