Serenity

I quickly got up and laid on the bed. Levi followed me and sat on the bed.

  “Maybe we should talk about this.” He suggested. I stared at the ceiling.

   “ I don’t know. I just don’t.. talk to people.”  I admitted. I mean, that’s exactly how I liked it. There’s no science behind it.

I closed my eyes tiredly and Levi laced our fingers together. His thumb stroked my hand, calming me immediately.

“I need to get this junk off me.” Levi sighed.

I agreed,  “Definitely.”

“Shower?” Levi asked while grabbing my hand.

“Is that an offer?’’ I teased cracking a smile.

“Definitely not.” He teased back

“Fine, I’ll go to my room.” I walked out of Levi’s room and into mine. I jumped into the shower and have never been so greatful to have one. The paint was starting to burn my skin.  I scrubbed my skin until it was pink before moving to my hair. Once I was done I looked at the clock. An hour? Really? I looked at the clothes laid out for me and greatfully put them on. I walked out of the bathroom towel-drying my hair then stopped short. Levi was in my room. On my bed. Shirtless.

   “Took you long enough.” Levi mumbled. Laughing I walked over and sat next to him.  I let my eyes wander again. I wanted to drool. Ashamed I quickly looked at my feet.

   “What’s with this?’ I gestured to his chest. “Where’s your shirt?’’ I chuckled, this was so weird. Well, to me.

  “I sleep shirtless and why? Does it bother you?” He laced our fingers together. I looked up at him through my eyelashes.

  “Pffft. You wish.” I lied, I felt my cheeks. Crap.

 “Liar,” he replied holding our hands against his chest. I couldn’t look at him, I knew my eyes would give it away. He tilted my head so he could look at my face.

    “Shut up.”

I shivered at his touch. His hands were warm and soft, surprisingly. The way he could effect me was scary. I looked back down, my face on fire.

  “Hey, I don’t bite,” Levi whispered moving his hand to my cheek. I shook my head.

 “I’m just not ready.” I whispered back. It was true, I still didn’t fully trust him. I trust him, just not.. trust, trust. I watched Levi from the corner of my eye drop his hand into his lap. He unlaced our hand and crossed his arms over his stomach.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“It’s fine... I don’t wanna push you,” he replied.  I grabbed his hand and started playing with his fingers.

“Thank you,” I breathed. I looked at his face as he nodded slowly. I looked back at his fingers. Levi laid down with his head onto my lap as I continued playing with his fingers.

 “I’m so tired,” he murmured turning his head and burying it into my shirt. I looked down at his face,

  “Same here,” I agreed.  I closed my eyes and slowly started stroking the back of his hand.

  That’s how we woke the next morning. Surprisingly I was still sitting up with Levi still zonked out in my shirt. When he did wake up he looked at the clock and grumbled, “I’m going back to sleep.”

Oh no he wasn’t! He made me wait half an hour just to find out he was going back to bed. Nuh uh.

I smacked his chest as hard as I could to make him sit up.