Levi...

Serenity laced our fingers together, “Well, then how about you tell me about your siblings?”

“Well... Kella and Kilvin are twins. They’re three and they have the same blue eyes as my mom so I guess they look a ton like me. Layle is six and she has blonde hair with blue eyes. Jelsa is nine and she looks exactly like Kella. Kellan is thirteen and he looks a lot like my dad; blonde hair, green eyes, and a hard set face. They’re my entire world.... I love them with all my heart,” I explained to Serenity, “I would do anything to keep them out of the Games... Anything.”

I looked away from her and started to cry; I wondered how Kellan was doing. He would have to get tesserae now, and he would be at the same fate as me. Then Jelsa would, then Layle, then Kella or Kilvin. It’s not fair. My whole family was gonna become victim to their Games. I felt sobs rack my body and Serenity flopped over on her stomach so she could rest her head on my chest. She laid her arm across my stomach and snuggled close to me. I just laid there crying letting her comfort me. Why was this so hard?

“Why is this so hard?” I asked quietly.

“You have a family to get back to,” Serenity replied as I she wrapped her arms around my waist.

“Because you have people who love you back home...” she replied squeezing my waist. I rapped my arms around her waist and kissed her forehead.

“What about you, Serenity?” I asked staring at her as she closed her eyes.

“ I don’t have anyone.’’ She sighed, “I’ve been alone my whole life.” She gave me a sad smile that I returned.

“I’m really sorry,” I replied resting my chin on the top of her head.

“Don’t be. It’s not your fault,” Serenity whispered zoning out.

After a few minutes I touched her cheek, “You okay?”

She smiled, “I am now.” She rested her head on my chest and closed her eyes. I kept an arm protectively around her and we stayed like this til dinner.

“Are you hungry?” Serenity asked squeezing my waist as she sat up.

“Not particularly,” I replied knowing we only had three days until we were in the arena.

“Well, guess what it’s time for? Dinner!” Serenity told me in a really happy voice.

“Let’s skip. I wanna spend time with you,” I replied kissing her cheek.

She froze touching her cheek, “Sure.” She smiled and I grabbed her hand pulling her to the garden that was behind the building we lived in. I sat down pulling her into my lap. I kept my arms locked around her waist as she wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her head on my shoulder. This was how wanted to live my life... Only three days until I had to fight for my life..... And hers. She tightened her grip on my neck and I felt tears trail down my cheeks as I tried to hold on to these last moments.

“I never want this to end,” Serenity whispered in my ear.

“Me either...” I would have more but I couldn’t get words out through my tears.

We were almost certain to die in that arena and I didn’t know if I could handle the thought.

“We shouldn’t be crying. We should be happy,” Serenity told me tears choking her voice and she kissed my cheek.

She smiled at me tears falling down her cheeks. I smiled and cupped her cheek wiping her tears away.

“Don’t worry, I’m gonna get us out of this,” I told her making her nod.