04; 1516

"Dearest guests, I welcome you to our home." A voice boomed in the courtyard. The owner of the house, Sir Thomas DeMedici, was celebrating the birth of his son, Lucas DeMedici. 

Sir Thomas DeMedici came from a long line of powerful Scottish Italian witches, and now his son could carry on that line of great power. His wife, Alexandria Petrova, birthed Lucas two weeks ago and looked as radiate as ever as she danced alongside a friend of the family. However, Alexandria came from a long line of Travelers, originating from her mother's side. She was known as the 'beauty' of the DeMedici. The DeMedici's were proud to welcome her into the family, for many reasons that left some uneasy.

"Alexandria, my darling, come here." Thomas called out, motioning her to come to him. Alexandria bowed to the friend before walking over to her husband gracefully. Alexandria looked up to her husband, slightly curious why he wanted to talk to her. "We have some important guests arriving. I want you to be by my side when I greet them." Thomas said quietly to her. Thomas leaned closer to his wife, moving towards her ear. "I will need you to do a protection spell on our son." He whispered.

"May I ask why, Thomas?" Alexandria asked worriedly. 

"No, no, do not worry my love." Thomas said, hearing the worry in his wife's voice. "It is just so that he is protected from anything that could possibly happen to him. You have a very powerful bond with our child." Thomas kissed his wife's head, trying to put her at ease. "But come with me first, we must greet the guests."

Alexandria was confused by her husbands concern for their son's safety. It was rare thing occurrence for Thomas to be worried. Thomas had mentioned these 'guests' very rarely for the past week. Alexandria took her husband's arm as they walked back into their manor. "Thomas, may I ask, are these guests like us?" Alexandria said quietly, referring to the fact the couple are both witches. 

"No darling, not like us." Thomas said quietly. "They are Original vampires." Thomas said. He chuckled at his wife's confused reaction. "They are the very first vampires darling." Thomas explained to his confused wife.

Alexandria had heard of the Originals and how dangerous they were. Rumours had circled around the city that the Originals were being hunted by their own father, wanting to kill his own children. They had been running since the day they were created; so it was told.

"Now, you stay here." Thomas told Alexandria as he walked towards the front door. The woman stood anxiously, fiddling with her sleeves. She had never met or seen a vampire before. She had seen werewolves, but that was a completely different story.

"Welcome!" Thomas boomed, opening the door to the guests. Alexandria was immediately was mesmerised by the beauty of the family in front of her, that she had completely forgot her manners. "This is my wife, Alexandria DeMedici, isn't she a sight?" Thomas said proudly to their guests as he paraded his wife to the family.

Alexandria smiled politely to the family. One of the brothers, the oldest of them, walked over to Alexandria. He placed a soft kiss on her right hand and smiled to her. "Lady Alexandria, may I say you have a beautiful home. My name is Elijah Mikaelson, and these are my siblings."

Elijah pointed to the family behind him. They all looked extremely stunning and mysterious. Some of them looked different from others but shared the rage, a powerful rage.

"This is my little sister Rebekah." Elijah pointed to the blonde haired girl stood near Elijah. Rebekah gave Alexandria a soft smile, bowing slightly. "The twins, Kol and Lynneesha." Elijah pointed to the dark haired twins that stood side by side. The twins shared the same mischievous sparkle in their eyes. A look that could put the God of Mischief to shame.