07; haunting

Alexandria woke up to the sound of laughter and cheering from her bar. She soon realised that she had fallen asleep at her desk after seeing Davina last night. Alexandria spent hours comforting the young witch. Klaus, yet again, had taken away something to prove a point. Nadia had left for a new adventure in the early hours of the morning, leaving Alexandria with the feeling of regret that she didn't go with her twin, but Davina needed her and that was the most important thing.

The blonde haired woman looked herself in the mirror in the small bathroom that was attached to the office. She looked tired, beaten even. Something she wasn't use to seeing.

Alexandria cleaned herself up, made herself look presentable for the new day. Even if she didn't feel like it.

She walked downstairs to see a group of people surrounding the bar. Alexandria looked around carefully, seeing the regulars huddling together with excitement.

Then she realised why.

Klaus Mikaelson was showing off his drink making skills and entertaining the regulars - who were most likely compelled to stay by Klaus himself.

"Ah, Alexandria how lovely of you to join us. I was just making a fresh batch of Bloody Marys for the regulars." Klaus said, smiling widely as he poured the drinks. "Your favourite morning drink as I recall."

"My favourite morning drink is tea with a side of no Original vampires in my bar. Maybe I should put a disclaimer up." Alexandria said in an irritated tone. She leaned against the wall with a raised brow, waiting for an explanation of why Klaus was here.

Klaus walked over to Alexandria, looking concerned as he saw the pain in her eyes. "What's the matter, love?" He asked gently. It startled Alexandria hearing his tone. At first, she had thought hell had frozen over or it was some form of manipulative move. But, she soon realised that Klaus was concerned for her.

"Besides having to soothe a sixteen year old girl losing her first love? I just saw my Nadia after a decade. The fact I couldn't go with her due to the mess your family has automatically involved me in because you knocked up my friend." Alexandria said, sounding extremely irritated and angry.

Klaus looked down to his feet, feeling ashamed. "I'm sorry about all of this." He muttered, looking up to his wife seeing all of the frustration and pain he had been causing her these past months. "If I knew, if I knew you were here I-"

"Save it!" Alexandria snapped harshly, interrupting Klaus. "You didn't bother. You didn't care because you don't care. You have never cared about anything in your life besides yourself."

What Alexandria had said angered Klaus. He does care. He does care for people other than himself. He cares about her, about his unborn child. Klaus looked into his wife's bright eyes, the eyes he fell in love with. The eyes that were once full love and life and are now full of hatred and a lack of life.

"The day I lost you, when I thought I lost you was the worst day of my entire life." Klaus managed to say. He gently held Alexandria's face in his hand, softly running his thumb along her smooth cheek. Klaus didn't understand the sudden urge to touch her, it was more of a need to touch Alexandria, to feel her. "The women I have been with were nothing compared to you. They were mere distractions to take my mind off you." Klaus admitted.

Alexandria felt herself go against every fibre in her being as she stepped closer to Klaus, placing her hands on his waist. Klaus held her close, wanting to feel her warmth, to feel her body near his. "You are the only woman I will ever love truly, deeply and fully. I didn't come back as I believed I had nothing to come back to - I was foolish. I was amazingly stupid and I was, I was selfish and I am truly, deeply sorry."

Alexandria felt her heart flutter looking into Klaus' eyes. She knew that Klaus was a monster, she knew he had no control when it came to trying to get what he wants, but she knew that behind the monster was a scared boy fearing the thought of being alone. She knew that fear. She understood it all too well.

Klaus glanced briefly at her lips, his breathing becoming heavier. Alexandria felt the intensity radiating off him, the danger and the chaos that would soon follow. She was drawn to that, she craved it almost. Alexandria's eternal battle was swirling out of control. She wanted Klaus yet she wanted rid of him for what he had caused. The cliche of the heart fighting the brain become all too true.

Klaus slowly leaned down towards Alexandria, ever so gently placing a soft kiss upon her lips. Alexandria's breath hitched as she felt his cool lips against hers. In a matter of seconds, almost without hesitation, she returned the ever long awaited kiss. All of the trouble and the pain Klaus had caused her in these past few months and in the four decades she had waited for him, they were simple thoughts in the back of her mind. As the kiss grew more intensely and passionate, those thoughts soon turned to dust.

Neither of them cared who was watching or who could see. The hundred years spent loathing and missing each other all built up to this moment, everything had built up to this moment. Klaus touched her with more care and caution than he would of any other woman. He gently held his wife close to him, feeling her body against his, almost moulding together into one.

Alexandria was the one to break the kiss, breathless with waves of intense waves of guilt and lust washing over her. She grew angry with herself. She was angry with herself for falling for Klaus' way with words and kissing him. She wanted nothing more than to kiss him, she craved more than just a kiss.

Alexandria took a moment to gather her thoughts. "You need to leave. You need to leave Marcel and I alone. You need to leave Davina alone. If you touch Davina or harm her in any way, I will rip your throat out. She is a child. She is my child, and you have been warned." She said calmly yet breathlessly before walking back to her office.

She looked at herself in the mirror. The small blonde haired woman with the swollen lips stared at her. Her face full of colour, looking more alive than it did previously. She felt alive.

The intense kiss still lingering on her lips.

The feeling of Klaus haunting her lips.

_

A/N: Just a quick filler chapter, I hope you all enjoyed it! I will warn you this is not edited so any mistakes made was due to myself being rather tired writing it. I will be updating again soon (hopefully) and I would like to say thank you for all of the new readers reading this story and adding it to libraries and/or commenting and voting - it means a lot that you guys like it! Thank you so much and I will update soon :)