06; september 1516

For the last eight months the Mikaelson family have been staying at the DeMedici manor. Alexandria had become close with the sisters, especially Lynneesha. It seemed having vampires in the manor changed the atmosphere, especially in Thomas.

Alexandria noticed a difference in his behaviour. He was distant and becoming short tempered. He never lashed out on Alexandria - he wouldn't dare. The Mikaelson family had become close to the young woman, and some had become very fond of her company. They would kill him in an instant but Thomas wasn't frightened of them.

He was frightened of her. Alexandria was powerful, she is powerful and Thomas knew that. 

The Mikaelson family knew that.

Klaus Mikaelson watched the young mother and her son playing in the courtyard. He was fascinated by her. He had never been fascinated by a human before, especially one that has the traveller gene. Travellers were trouble, especially when together. From what Klaus had gathered about her was that she had came to Scotland when she was fifteen and married at the age of eighteen. Her son Lucas was part witch, part traveller. The combination was unique and dangerous, but also fascinating. 

He found her alluring. He wanted to be around her. 

Stop this, he thought to himself, mortals mean nothing. They are nothing. Showing humanity shows weakness.

Alexandria picked up her son and kissed his cheek. She began to walk back into the manor to hear Thomas yelling. She picked up the pace in her walk and went towards the bedroom she shared with Thomas to see papers and shards of glass all over the floor. She held Lucas protectively in her arms as he began to squirm in her arms.

She carefully walked over to Thomas, his hands covering his face, he was repeatedly tapping his foot against the floor. It all came to a stop when he looked up to his young wife. "I cannot get it. I cannot get the power I need to create the spell." He yelled with frustration. Thomas looked up to Alexandria and looked directly to Lucas. 

Lucas had the power he needed, or some of the power. Thomas needed to harvest it in order to complete the spell. 

"Pass me my son." He ordered, walking towards Alexandria.

Alexandria's jaw clenched. Her grip tightening on Lucas, not enough to hurt the child but enough to have a firm grip. "No." She said sternly, raising her voice. Lucas began to whimper quietly, feeling the tension in the room. 

Thomas raised his brow. "Alexandria, I want to hold my son." He spat, stepping closer to the young mother and the child. Alexandria stepped back, looking Thomas directly in the eye. "You step one inch closer, I set you on fire." She threatened. "You will not use my baby as a pawn to gain more power." 

Thomas admired the strength Alexandria displayed. Stupid, but strong. Thomas tilted his head slightly. He wondered how he could manipulate the young mother into doing what he wanted. Thomas stepped closer Alexandria, testing her limit and pushing the boundaries - seeing how far the young woman would actually go.  

"I would highly recommend you do not act upon those dark thoughts, Lord DeMedici." Klaus spoke up, slowly approaching Alexandria and Lucas. Alexandria suddenly felt at ease knowing Klaus was here, that meant she was safe and Thomas would not try anything. 

"Niklaus, I would highly recommend you do not get in my way." Thomas warned the vampire.

Klaus chuckled at the childish warning. "Is that a threat, Thomas?" 

Alexandria looked at the two men. The power struggle between them, she could not admire how calm and collective Klaus was. How he would not show any sign of irritation or frustration. He was demonstrating what true power was.

She admired that. 

"A man does not threaten his wife or use his child for his own gain. I would highly recommend you leave the manor for a few weeks, simmer down and get some rest." Klaus said calmly, approaching the warlock. He saw the fear and anger in the warlock's eyes, a deep hidden darkness alongside that. Something that would even frighten the likes of Klaus. 

The Original looked towards the young mother and gave her a small reassuring smile. He lead her out of the room and became to walk her to the west part of the manor. "I would like the apologise for that scene." Klaus said. "A young woman like you does not deserve to be treated that way. Especially a woman like yourself." He said, looking to Alexandria. 

She was beautiful in the autumn light. The soft tones brought out some colour in her cheek, making her bright eyes pop with colour. Her smile was warm and grateful. 

"Thank you Niklaus. Thomas never acts like that, ever." Alexandria muttered, putting Lucas down and holding his hand. "You didn't need to come to my rescue like that." 

"I wanted to." Klaus replied. "I was concerned, for your safety and for Lucas." He explained. 

Alexandria leaned towards Klaus, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek. Her lips were soft and gentle against his cold, immortal skin. After she had pulled away, Klaus still felt the tingle of the kiss on his cheek. A small smile crept upon his lips. 

The only reason being behind that smile, was her. 

A/N: a short but sweet chapter. I do apologise for any mistakes, I will edited them out on a later date. I hope you enjoyed and stay groovy everyone!