Burnywood Menace

I'd just like to say - thank you for all the support people have given me as I release these chapters/episodes, it means alot. Alot.

This is the first episode of 'my' series 2. I know there wasn't much of the series 1 episodes but this is where I felt Tiffany's story next takes her.

Moogie

Burnywood Menace

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Tracy cried as she watched them all build their breakfast into a sticky mound of toast, butter and cold baked beans.

“Making a tower.” Tiffany looked at her grinning, “What does it look like?” Tracy shook her head. She remembered when Tiffany had first turned up here a year or so previously, a quiet angry thirteen year old who was ready to leave at a moment’s notice. Now she was barely recognisable. Physically she was still the same, a little taller maybe and she’d dyed her hair bright red, but she hadn’t altered too much. The scar was still there. No it was mentally that Tiffany had changed, changed in the way she carried herself, the things she did. At the beginning she had gone along with what Liam and Frank were doing, now she had just as much unwanted power as they did. She had become a bit lippy too, and Tracy knew exactly who she’d got that from.

“Look you lot this isn’t cheap food – and you’re wasting it all!” Tracy yelled over their heads, but they weren’t listening.

“It’s disgusting.” Tee giggled and Carmen laughed along with her.

“MIKE’S STOPPED PAYING FOR MY PIANO LESSONS!” Gus ran screaming into the kitchen, and suddenly there was a deadly silence.

“Look me in the eye Tracy Beaker – and tell me this is fair.” Liam said. No there was no guessing where Tiffany had got her new sarcastic touch from.

*

“Burnywood?!” Liam spat, anger glinting in his eyes.

“Only if we can’t fund Elmtree anymore.” Tracy said grimacing.

Tiffany was leaning against the door, her face blank.

“I did a stretch in Burnywood, and I’m not going back.” Suddenly they were all at her, all the younger ones that had never left Elmtree.

“What’s it like?”

“Do you have to share a room?”

“What are the care-workers like?”

“Why would you never go back?”

She glanced at Tracy before answering, and Tracy shook her head. She didn’t want them to know the truth, didn’t want to scare them. Alright then, Tiffany thought, but on their head be it.

She put on her sweetest smile and looked at their little faces.

“Burnywood is...well it’s different to here. But it wasn’t that bad when I was there. I don’t know about sharing a room or the care-workers, as they all depend on who’s there at any one time don’t they? Burnywood is alright, it’s well it’s a kid’s home.”

Carmen let out a sigh of relief.

“But if we raise enough money then you won’t need to worry about Burnywood, as you’ll be able to stay here!” Tracy said.

“Well then.” Liam glanced at Tiffany, and she got the message. He knew she was lying about Burnywood and he wanted the truth. “We’ve got to show these council Muppets how to run this place on the cheap!” He was greeted with cheers, and he put his grand plan into action.