Drained

*I've read the last chapter/bit of this story/thing back and realised that it actually doesnt make alot of sense unless you've seen the episode it is reffering to. When I write these, I normally only write Tiffany bits and bits that are vital to HER plotline, which is why they don't always make sense. Sozza. (a) *

They walked in silence. It was the only way that they could manage not to be at each other’s throats, but this was only marginally better, as they hated not speaking.

They’d been on the road for a couple of weeks now, each day following the same routine, get up, pack up, beg for money, walk around, find somewhere new to stay the night, sleep. It wasn’t much and it wasn’t comfortable, but it was keeping them alive.

But Tiffany had cracked.

“I CAN’T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!” she yelled. Liam’s shoulders slumped as he turned to face her.

“What?” he said icily, “What can’t you take anymore?” His eyes were daring an answer.

“THIS!” she gestured wildly around her. “This constant battle just to stay alive, every single day!”

“Well I’m sorry if it’s not up to your expectations.” He scowled.

“My expectations? YOU decided to come with ME! I didn’t ask for you to come and criticise every little thing I do. We were best friends, Liam! Now you won’t even look at me without glaring!”

“Things change. You wouldn’t even have made it for this long without my help.”

“Oh yeah? I was on the road for a year once! This is nothing. This is the longest you’ve ever been without a warm bed and someone to pat your head and tell you that you’re a good boy! You’re nothing on me!”

“Look.” He said, suddenly pushing the rucksack she had dropped into her chest. “If you think you can manage out here without me, then do it. I’m not stopping you!”

“You don’t need to.” She said shortly. Shaking her head, she turned and stormed down the road, never once looking back at him. He swore, and carried on, kicking everything in his path.

By the time he was lying on the cold street floor alone, he missed her. He missed her body squashed up beside his; he missed her reassuring smile before he slipped into an uneasy sleep, a smile that told him that everything would be alright. But it was too late then. She had gone.

*

Everybody was home, except Frank as he was arriving in the evening. But all the Burnywood lot had come back at lunch. And it was then that Tracy had cornered Liam.

Liam had been moping around, snapping at anyone who tried to talk to him. He had been fine living in the empty house, alone, but once it was filled with people he felt out of place. That wasn’t the only thing bothering him. She hadn’t come home yet, and he was worried.

“Where is she?” Tracy said, pulling him outside and shutting the door behind them.

“Where’s who?” He asked irritably.

“Don’t muck around with me. You were both supposed to go to Burnywood, but neither of you showed up. Are you seriously telling me that you both just happened to run away at the same time separately, even though you would normally be joined at the hip?”

“No.” He mumbled.

“Then where is she? Mike is going to call the police unless you tell me where she is. We held out in case she came back with the group from Burnywood, but now we have to act. We’ve phoned Frank and she’s not there either.”