Hungover.

Days had past since that night with Zak and things were certainly different. We hadn't been intimate since that night but he included me in everything this time. Together we had made the travel and accommodation arrangements. Confirmed interviews and everything else.

When I returned to my apartment that night, It felt different. When I removed my coat, I looked down to my arm and ran my fingers over the sudden phase of goosebumps. I looked around as I went to the bedroom, hanging the coat up in the wardrobe. Since we were leaving early in the morning, I decided to do my packing first. I grabbed my suitcase, put it on the bed and zipped it up.

I packed a variety of different wear and I moved the suitcase to the corner of the room, ready for my hair and makeup products to be packed in the morning.

After the amount of packing I had done though, I began to feel a little hungry and as I walked through to the kitchen, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was a text from Daisy. An immediate pang of guilt ran through me. She was desperate to know how my night with Zak had gone and I had been so busy, it looked like I probably had been ignoring her. Instead of texting her back, I pressed call.

"Well, Look who's alive..." She greeted.

"I'm sorry Daisy, I've been so busy late-"

"Save it" She cut me off and I sighed, "I completely understand."

I chuckled, "Fancy a Chinese? On me, of course" 

"I'll bring the wine" She added and hung up.

I knew exactly what Daisy liked from the Chinese place and I had the order placed immediately. I got two wine glasses out and lit a few candles around the lounge. I knew she was gearing up for a long one and I planned on drinking, and eating. Saying as little as possible. I put on a little background music and I choose a playlist, I had to laugh. If someone showed up right now, you'd think I was preparing for a date night.

When the buzzer rang, I walked over and picked it up. I let Daisy in and had the door unlatched for her. We spent the night as I thought we would. We went through three bottles of wine and ate everything I had ordered. Being so busy the last few days, I had only realised now my lack of eating. I more than made up for it tonight though. It was also safe to say that by the time Daisy got her cab home, we were truly toxicated. 

The next morning, I woke up face down on my bed. The sound of my apartment buzzer going crazy. The rooms were spinning and walking the short distance from the bedroom door to the buzzer seemed like the world's most impossible task. I picked the phone up.

"Hello?" I croaked.

"Thank christ you're ok, do you know what time it is?" Zak answered.

"It's..." I trailed off, then I realised. Suddenly, I felt awake. The room stopped spinning but my head hurt. Seriously hurt. "Holy fuck! Come up."

I buzzed him in and I ran through to my room, I grabbed the suitcase and pulled it out to the hallway and looked up when Zak walked in. 

"Go and get showered" He mumbled.

I nodded and I hurried into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I had to admit it was the quickest shower of my life but I felt like I was properly clean. That was the main thing. The feeling of wanting to be sick was rushing over me almost every minute it seemed but I managed to keep it down. I was in such a rush that as I skipped through to my room to get ready, I hadn't noticed Zak roaming around in my lounge until I re-appeared, suddenly looking presentable. 

"Good night?" He asked, holding up the last empty wine bottled before he binned it.

I looked around, "You cleaned?"

"Hard to believe but you don't want this place to stink when you return" He nodded. "Date?"

I chuckled and pressed my palm to my bursting head, "Daisy" I corrected. "Chinese and Wine, I've been... a little quiet towards her past few days. Thought I owed her a night in" I added.

Zak laughed but he seemed to understand and by his look I knew he knew I had spilled on our big intimate night. He didn't say that I wasn't aloud to tell my best friend about it? Surely he knew girl rules?

We drove to the airport in silence. Mainly because trying to keep sick down was becoming harder and harder with the motion of the car. He helped me through check in and once we were through security, I ran to the bathroom and the after-chinese feeling you always get? It was definitely wearing down. I practically threw up my whole meal last night.

I went to the little shop and bought mints, There was no way I was going near the guys with sick breath. I bought two packs and I ate half a pack on my way back over to the waiting area. I sat down and Zak passed me a bottle of water.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"Better than I deserve" I grumbled.

Since we were almost the last to check in, Our wait time for the gate was pretty quick and since we were priority boarding. We were in our seats in no time. Aaron was at the window, I was in the middle and Zak on the isle seat like always. Even though it was a short flight, I was desperate to land and we hadn't even taken off yet. My thoughts were interrupted by my vibrating phone. I frowned, It was a text from Zak.

"Read it" he whispered.

I swiped my phone and it opened up into messages.

'I wish I could take you right here. Right now.'