Seperation (Part 1): Dancing On My Own.

The investigation came and went without a glitch. I joined in and offered to explore the woods in confidence I would capture the girl on camera. For my own sanity more than for the show for others to see she existed but that didn't happen and I decided to keep it to myself.
I sat beside Zak on the flight back naturally and he had asked again about that incident. I stuck to my story about needing the toilet badly and he soon gave up just easily as the first time.
When we landed, everyone except Zak collected the equipment and our own bags. He had disappeared off to the bathroom straight off the plane but it had been more than twenty minutes since.
We walked towards the exit of departures and when we came in to sight of where the toilets where I happened to glance to see if Zak had re-appeared. My heart immediately sank. He was leaning over a girl, he and her definitely looked cosy. More than friends. I was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps she was a close friend? I wasn't ready to find out just how close till he leaned down and kissed her.
My first thought was that I didn't want the guys to see him and see my reaction. I turned to face Aaron.
"I'm going to go catch my ride" I smiled.
"Sure you don't want to ride with us?" He asked.
I shook my head, "Opposite directions but thanks anyway, we'll catch up soon."
We exchanged a hug and I grabbed my bag before quickly hurrying out of the departures lounge. I caught the first taxi I saw and the driver took my bag to place it in the trunk as I got in.
"Where to, love?" He questioned.
I gave him my address and just as he pulled away, I seen Zak standing with the guys. He looked puzzled and he had turned around to catch a glimpse of me just in time before I eventually went out of his eye line.
When I got home, I let myself in to my flat and I sighed as I looked around, closing the door behind me. The flat looked just as empty and sad as my heart now felt. I had opened up to Zak about who I was. What I could do. Just like every other man in Vegas, he was a player. I began to wonder many things, the only repeating being was had he been seeing her whilst sleeping with me?
I unpacked my things, separated them for washing. I ordered a Chinese for dinner. My phone had rang about ten times in the short hour I had been home. All missed calls from Zak. I ignored them all. He had also sent many texts. Which I also choose to ignore.
Daisy had been on the phone, inquiring about my trip. I played it down. Told her about seeing the girl and used that as my excuse not want to be involved with the guys anymore.