Geometry

Disclaimer - I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Only the plot of the fanfic!
/Thoughts/

"You look like a stalker just crouching here in the shadows outside of his bedroom window," a second figure appeared chuckling next to the guardian who merely glared at the other. "What? You are not going to talk to me now?"

"I did not want to dignify that statement with a response," the guardian commented flatly crossing his arms over his chest.

The second figure sat next to the crouching guardian, "Do you really think something or someone will come for him tonight?"

"Most likely no, but I want to be prepared if something or someone does make an attempt," the guardian replied.

"You have the right idea then. Look," the second figure pointed at the wall below his charge's window. A strange looking shadow moved up the wall. It reached the window and started pushing it open.

"Pesky shadow creature," the guardian sighed as he stood. A small flick of his wrist had the light rope shooting out towards the creature breaking into his charges bedroom. The rope wrapped around the creature's neck. With a fast tug, the creature was ripped off of the wall and landed at the guardian's feet. The guardian knelt to pick up the creature by the throat and lifting it off of the ground; its feet kicked madly underneath it. The shadow creature squirmed trying to free itself from the guardian's strong grip, "Send a message to your boss for me would you?" The creature nodded while clawing at the guardian's hand that was wrapped around his windpipe. "None of you will lay one dirty claw on my charge. Tell your boss to give up now or face me. I will not let anything or anyone harm him."

The guardian felt the creature attempting to swallow hard. He dropped the shadow creature unceremoniously in front of him. It landed at an odd angle before scrambling away from the guardian.

"Get!" the guardian snapped at the shadow creature. It melted into the ground disappearing completely.

"I don't know why those shadow creatures are ever sent. They are slimy disgusting dirty cowards," the other figure shook his head glancing at the guardian.

"Because they are disposable, they make excellent scouts," the guardian responded as he stretched his muscles before going back to his crouching position in the shadows.

"Why didn't you kill him anyway?"

The guardian shrugged, "I wanted him to pass the message on."

The other figure scoffed, "Do you honestly think that their big bad boss will heed your warning?"

"Not at all. If anything, I expect him to laugh and just send more of the shadow creatures next time," the guardian smirked at his companion.

"Which, of course, you will be ready for," the second figure chuckled.

"Of course," The guardian nodded.

\/\/\/

"I didn't get my geometry homework done. I just don't understand it man," Joey frowned as he and Yami walked towards their classroom. The shaggy blond glanced over at the crimson eyed youth next to him, "Did you finish?"