Fallen

A/N: Thank you for reading. I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh nor the characters. Only the plot. I hope you enjoy.

/Thoughts/

"Always the dutiful little guardian aren't you," a gruff voice rang through the shadows of night breaking the silence surrounding the guardian in the early morning hours. The guardian rolled his large violet orbs sighing. He was not in the mood for this specific demon. His petite form tensed readying to fight at a moment's notice should the need arise. The petite guardian had been seated on the rooftop of the building next to Yami's apartment; keeping a vigilant watch over his charge.

"Scram, Keith. I have no time for your pathetic foolishness," Yugi's eyes narrowed as the blonde haired demon materialized on the other side of the roof leaning up against the chimney. Yugi hopped to his feet, poised to attack.

"Well that wasn't very nice," a cocky smirk crossed the lips of the tall blonde demon.

"It was not meant to be. I'm surprised you are still a mindless peon in the demon ranks," Yugi tilted his head; his eyes locking confidently on the demon that stood before him, "I expected them to demote you right out of their ranks. A demonic flunky."

"I will have you know, pipsqueak, that I am in fact a Captain now," Keith laughed at the surprised look that crossed the guardian's features.

"Wow...hell must be desperate if they promoted you that high. If you are one of the best they have, protecting my charge will be easier than I thought," Yugi smirked a glint of pride shining in his eyes.

"Do you even know why you are guarding him?" the demon chuckled lowering his sunglasses to the bridge of his nose. Yugi raised an eyebrow, not understanding the demon's fetish with sunglasses nor his desire to wear them when the sun was not blazing down upon them. He remained silent locking Keith in his intense violet gaze. "I take your silence as a no. You really should ask them. It is not what you would expect. It is quite dismal in fact."

/How does he know something that I do not,/ Yugi growled, "You are fibbing, Keith. You do not know a damn thing about my charge. Demons cannot be trusted to tell the truth."

"Oh really. I do know quite a bit about Yami actually. I am sure I know more than you pipsqueak. Why don't you go find out? Go and ask your superiors exactly why you have to guard Yami so well," Keith sneered; his black leather bat wings coming out from his back as he crouched preparing to fight the petite guardian. The tall demon catapulted himself at the violet eyed angel. Yugi flattened himself to the ridgepole; sending the demon flying head first off the building. Kieth opened his large black wings before slamming into the ground. He grunted flying back to the roof.

"This is your last warning, Kieth. Leave now before this turns uglier than you," Yugi snarled.

"I cannot. I am here for Yami," the blonde demon tilted his head upward; his brown eyes staring down at the guardian. He ascended high above the apartment building; awaiting for Yugi to follow his lead.

"I will not allow you to lay one grungy finger on him," Yugi growled his wings erupting from his back. The petite guardian flew after Keith; a flick of his wrist sent his light rope flying towards the demon. It snapped at the demon's cheek drawing thick black blood to the surface.