Nick of Time

/Thoughts/

Ryou and Yugi landed silently on the stone ledge under the windowsill. Violet eyes traveled down the intricate stone structure of the temple; coming to rest on a stone table in the center of the room. The table rested in the middle of a stone bridge that connected both sides of the room. Immeasurable heat rose from the depths on either side of the bridge.

The tri-colored demon lay strapped to the stone table. Yami's legs were slightly spread; chains wrapped tightly around his ankles. His arms were held above his head by a spiked chain; each spike biting into his tan flesh. Black blood dripped from his raw wrists pooling on the table underneath him before falling to the ground which slanted downward towards the abyss giving the ancient god a taste of the blood that was to be spilled in sacrifice to him.

Loud heavy breathing with the occasional growl lifted through the air from the depths of the abyss. Yugi's eyes narrowed as a council member approached the stone table; ceremonial dagger in hand.

Ryou summoned a silver bow and arrow made of pure energy. His milk chocolate orbs locked on the council member as he raised the bow and nocked the arrow. Ryou pulled the string back and released it; letting the arrow fly straight for the red headed council member standing over Yami. The silver energy arrow penetrated Uriel's right shoulder and exited through his back.

The council member took a step backwards; his hand dropping the dagger as it flew up to cover his open wound. Uriel winced briefly as his green eyes raised to see Yugi flying directly at him. A white light erupted from the guardian's palms knocking Uriel back and almost into the abyss. Yugi landed on the stone table; kneeling protectively over Yami.

Uriel stood quickly and retaliated by sending his own blast of energy at Yugi. The enormous white and silver feathered wings crossed in front of him to shield the violet eyed angle and the demonic doppelganger from the blast.

Smoke rose from the guardian's wings; parts of the white feathers charred black from the energy blast. The violet eyed angle withdrew his wings back to their orignal position. Yugi saw arrows rain down from above and soar past them towards the oncoming guards and council members. He glanced briefly over his shoulder to see Ryou sending one silver arrow after another at the guards running towards Yugi and Uriel.

Zachariah leaped into the air over Uriel; his smoky grey wings pumping the heated air over the abyss. A long metallic spear appeared in his raised hand. Zacharia threw the sharp metal object at Yugi while Uriel still held the guardian's attention.

Violet eyes widened when he caught glimpse of the spear heading directly for him. At the last second he leaned down completely covering Yami's body with his own; protecting it from the spear. The sharp object entered his petite form through the lower left side of his back; the tip appeared in his lower abdomen. Red droplets of blood fell onto the unconscious demon below him. Yugi winced as he stood and pulled the spear the rest of the way through his stomach.

"Yugi!" Ryou cried out from the ledge.

"I am alright! Keep fighting. Do not worry about me," Yugi hollered back.

Ryou nodded nocking another arrow into the bow. His milk chocolate orbs drinking in the entire scene below him. He summoned arrow after arrow; shooting any angel, guard, or council member that came too close to him or the battle below between Yugi, Zachariah, and Uriel.

Uriel nodded at Zachariah. They raised both hands in front of them; their palms facing Yugi. Grey and green eyes locked on the petite guardian standing over the Prince of Darkness. Blood continued to escape the wound in Yugi's back and his lower abdomen; dripping down his petite from; staining his white clothes crimson.