New Generation: Chapter 15

When the sun is to rise,

As the new dies,

Some blood will surely spill.

For a war will start,

Because of a broken heart,

But who will prevail?

Kasia's POV

"Gust! Gust, what day is it?" I inquired hurriedly, trotting up to my friend as the sun started to set, painting the sky in pastel colors.

"Wednesday." He replied, dragging out the syllables slightly to show that he was confused.

"I mean like, what number?" I explained exasperatedly, I really did not have time to spare if it were the day I feared it was.

"Oh, uh... I'm pretty sure it's the 30th of January." He answered, after thinking for a second.

"Oh my Notch! I have to go!" I exclaimed, before galloping off to warn Duncan and Kim of the danger that they were in.

(Time Skip Because Travel Is Boring) Kim's POV

I talked with Duncan's friend Mell (who sat as far away from me as possible), her friend Matt, and Edna, who was Matt's girlfriend. We decided that we needed to keep Olivia away from Lalnable and Specimen 5. There was a frantic knocking at the door and Duncan opened  it to reveal Kasia.

"Hey... guys... there's... something... I need... to tell... you..." She said, trying to catch her breath as she trotted inside. Matt, Edna, and Mell looked surprised at the girl.

"Hey, I know you!" Kasia said to Edna after she had caught her breath. "Your from Prilake, Pavioun, something with a 'p'." 

"Yeah, the Nether, with a 'p'." Edna joked, rolling her eyes. "Speaking of which, I have to go." She exclaimed, standing up and running out of the still-open door. Matt stood up to follow her but I stopped him. 

Edna's POV

When I entered the Nether I was immediately greeted by the usual intense heat and the sound of boiling hot lava flowing into seas of the fire-liquid. "Welcome home." His deep voice greeted, sending a shiver down my spine even though it wasn't the least bit cold.

"How are you interfering with the world above?" I demanded, even though I couldn't see him I would still talk to him because I wanted answers and I wanted them now.

He laughed, the sound booming over the fiery realm, "Child, you have much to learn. This is the fates doing, not mine." He laughed, talking as if it was something even a baby would know.

"The... the f-fates?" I was confused, the fates could not control what happened, unless... no... It couldn't be, it just couldn't be. "What's... What's the prophecy?"

"I thought you'd never ask!" He exclaimed sounding joyful, "At the sun is to rise, as the new dies, some blood will surely spill. For a war will start, because of a broken heart, but who will prevail?"

"What does that mean?" I asked, prophecies were cryptic and therefore so annoying.

"When the sun rises tomorrow, a war will start because of someone with a broken heart, and the fates don't tell who wins the war." He explained.

"Who is the one with the broken heart?" I inquired.

"Only time will tell." He finished, being as cryptic as the prophecy. There was a flash of red light and I found myself standing in a forest, the cool air blowing against my skin. I immediately saw rays of sunlight and took out my bow and made sure my dagger was in a place where I could easily each it. There was a rustling in the bushes and I turned, an arrow readied in my bow.

"I'm not going to attack you, I'm just here to warn you. Unless you fight on your own, you will not see another sunrise."