T E N

Eleanor Martin's POV

My eyes snap open and I sit up with a gasp, the force nearly propelling me off of the table that I was lying on. I see Carlisle sitting in a chair in the corner, and he rushes to my side in an instant.

"Carlisle?" I whisper in a voice that I hardly recognize as my own.

"It's alright, El." He says, and I look up at him.

I am shocked by his beauty, everything about him drawing me in. His voice sounds like a melody to my ears and I resist the urge to throw myself at him. I just pull him into my arms and hold him against me, hugging him tightly for reasons I don't know. I just never want to let him go.

"What's happening?" I ask, pulling away from him and just looking into his beautiful amber eyes.

"I'll show you." He says, holding my hand and helping me off of the table and onto the floor soundlessly.

We approach a mirror and I just look at my reflection in a stunned silence. My hair is silkier and shinier than it has ever been and my skin is absolutely flawless and as pale as paper. My eyes are the same blood red color as the eyes that stared into my own just before that man... That vampire bit me. I gasp and step away from the mirror, seeing that monster in my own eyes.

"I didn't want this." I whisper.

"I know." Carlisle takes me into his arms, comforting me.

I feel his chest against my own, both of them painstakingly void of a beating human heart. I hear everything other my own heartbeat. I hear soft voices tinkling downstairs and two heartbeats, but I don't know who they belong to. The pair of hearts make me strangely think of my parents, and I begin to panic.

"My God, my parents! They were expecting me in Tuscon." I gasp, immediately regretting the sharp intake of air into my throat, which burns with an unfamiliar thirst.

"They called and we texted them from your phone telling them that you changed your mind," Carlisle assures me, smoothing the crease of worry on my brow by pressing a small kiss to my forehead before realizing what he has done. "I'm sorry, it's jus-"

I cut him off by abruptly pressing my lips onto his, unable to control the now-amplified amount of attraction that I have always felt towards him. He just pulls me closer, holding me as if I would disappear. I know in this instant that I'm always going to be with him.

"That's," I whisper against his lips after pulling away. "Just wow."

He laughs at my lack of vocabulary, and I swallow again, reaching up and grabbing my sore throat.

"You need to hunt," Carlisle says, and my eyes widen. "We only feed from animals in this coven, don't worry."

"Oh... okay." I nod, still a bit wary of the idea.

"Afterwards, I'll introduce you to the family." Carlisle says with a happy expression in his eyes before be steps out onto the balcony and leaps over the edge, landing soundlessly on the ground and looking up, waiting for me.

I take a deep breath, immediately regretting it when the burn in my throat worsens. I jump over as well, landing gracefully beside him with a surprised expression on my face. He laughs gleefully, the sound making an involuntary smile pull at my lips. Taking my hand into his own, he begins to run, forcing me to do the same.

As we start to run it doesn't seem like I'm moving very fast until I look to the side and see the trees zipping by. With an extra push, I sprint even faster, leaving a chuckling Carlisle behind as I run so fast that it feels like I am flying.