E I G H T E E N

Carissa and Eliza follow the scent of the transient as closely as they can without detection, keeping at least three-fourths of a mile between them and their subject. When the two of them realize what area of the country he was returning to, they do not hesitate to make a quick warning call.

꧁꧁꧂꧂

Alice lets out a small gasp, her topaz-colored eyes gazing into another dimension as she sees the image of the rogue returning to their area. At almost the exact same time, Eleanor's phone begins to ring.

She glances at the screen before excusing herself, knowing that Edward is already aware of the situation from reading both her and Alice's thoughts. He gives her a small nod as though to dismiss her to speak to the trackers, not that he would have stopped her if he didn't approve.

Eleanor steps outside onto the porch, knowing that her family will be able to hear her conversation with the two trackers if they choose to listen in but answers anyway, not wanting to keep any secrets from them.

"Hello?" She answers, already anticipating the news.

"He is headed back your way," she hears Eliza say through the phone, the whipping wind on her side of the call indicating that she and Carissa are running. "We are about to enter a small clearing, we should be able to cut him off there."

As these words reach Eleanor's ears, the rest of her family joins her outside, Edward and Alice having already explained to them the situation regarding Carissa and Eliza.

"We have to get to the meadow," Alice says as she starts running, all of the others by her side. "We have to end this."

In the brief amount of time that it takes the six of them to reach the meadow, Carissa and Eliza have already gotten the rogue caught in their quite inescapable web of powers. Eliza's siren-like voice paralyzes the rogue, his vision and hearing leaving along with his ability to move. Carissa looks to the skies, harvesting energy from the electrically-charged air, the sky looking as though there is going to be another one of Washington's frequent thunderstorms

Air begins to move in slow circles around Carissa as she approaches the rogue, sparks of lightning appearing in the radius of wind surrounding her body along with the leaves picked up along the way. At her command, a harsh jolt of electricity is sent through the rogue's body, a loud scream of pain escaping through the gritted teeth that had stolen Eleanor's mortality away from her.

As intriguing as it was to watch the duo at work, the Cullen family knew that it was time to step into action. Eleanor smirks cockily, a slight laugh escaping her pink lips as she approached the rogue. She doesn't say a single word; she just stares into his eyes as his body lifts a few feet into the air and shatters into pieces just as the Volturi's guards had.

Fire forms in her palms, slightly startling her seeing as the first go-around the guards had burst into flames on their own accord. Without a second thought, Eleanor raises her hands and allows the flames to shoot out onto the broken body of the creature who had killed her.

The creature who had killed her parents.

The creature who will kill no more.