The Strange Girl and The Nemeton

"Stiles SLOW DOWN!" called Scott, stopping to breathe in a puff from his inhaler.
"C'mon Scott! I miss the old times when we could do his whenever we wanted. We didn't have to worry about Dread Doctors or evil friends from middle school," Stiles stopped and called back, rolling his eyes at the thought of Theo.
"I know, I know, but I still can't breathe." Said Scott breathlessly, taking yet another puff from his inhaler. Stiles laughed to himself and kept walking.
"What are we even doing out here anyway?" Scott asked.
"I overheard my Dad on a call about an hour ago talking about a teenage girl found running around the woods." Stiles said with a sparkle in his eyes.
"Yeah that seems to happen a lot, what makes this one special?" Scott asked, catching up to a stalled Stiles.
"They said she was lingering around the remains of the old Hale house," Said Stiles, "and you remember the last time a teenager was running through the woods looking for that house?" Asked Stiles.
"Yeah," said Scott honking back to when Derek Hale was turned young, "it was Derek." He finished.
"Mhm so what if it's another Hale huh?" Quizzed Stiles.
"Woah that's jumping to a big conclusion Stiles." Cut off Scott with a laugh. His laugh was cut short as the smell of apple and sugar, mixed with the smell of sweat washed into his nose. Scott looked around for the body that the smell was coming from. All he saw o
was the dense forest around him.
"Scott, what's wrong buddy?" Stiles asked, concerned by Scotts sudden silence.
"Someone's here." Scott replied quietly. Stiles looked around. A tall skinny figure dashed between the two trees I front of Stiles so fast he nearly missed it.
"Woah Scott did you see that?" He asked quietly. Scott whipped around to face the same direction as Stiles.
"See what, what did you see?" Scott asked. Stiles ignored him, and stared at the gap beneath the trees.
"Hey is anyone there? It's okay to come out, it's safe I promise." Stiles said gently. Scott heard a rustling of leaves and his heightened senses could hear a fast beating heart. The figure stepped out and looked at the two boys. It was a young girl. She wasn't as tall as Stiles had thought, probably a bit shorter than him actually, and she wasn't skinny, more like lean with prominent leg muscles and thin arms with a very small torso. That was all he saw of her before she turned and sprinted in the opposite direction.
"Stay here Stiles." Said Scott with glowing eyes as he turned to run after the girl.
Scott ran after the girl as fast as he could, but she was probably a couple of years younger than him, and she probably didn't have asthma. He chased her at his highest speed, dodging fallen trees and hills until she stopped abruptly. He also stopped and quickly had a few puffs of his inhaler before slowly approaching the girl. After further evaluation he decided not to approach her and just to watch from a safe distance. The girl approached what looked to Scott as a pile of rubble, when something out of the corner of his eye caught his attention. An old net and trip wire covered in leaves not far from the rubble. He remembered Stiles pulling the trip wire when they were at the Hale house with Alison and him being pulled up into it. Then it clicked, this was the girl that was running around the woods. This is the remains of the Hale house. Scott turned his attention back to the girl who had collapsed onto her knees staring at the pile of rubble in front of her. Scott walked over to her.
"Are you all right?" He asked softly. She looked up and Scott saw her blank face with a single tear running down her face.

"What the hell happened to my house?" She asked.

____________________________________________________________