Part Three

"Scott! Hurry up! We have to be there at six!" His mother called from downstairs.

"I'm coming! I just need to pack some stuff for Kirstie!" He shoved some of Jeremy's comics Kirstie stole from Jeremy so Scott could read them.

For Mitch.

He hurried downstairs, grabbed his giant water bottle, and headed out to the car in the warm air.

Once they got there, Scott got into his football gear and headed out into the field.

"Scott!!!"

He looked into the stadium and saw Kirstie waving like a maniac and held up a sign that had something to do with the school's team name on it, but he didn't have time to read it and just waved and gave a thumbs up. A pair of adults grabbed her gently by her shirt and made her sit down.

The game started, and Scott was causing the other team to lose.

As he held the ball, looking for a teammate to throw the ball to, something caught his eye.

Mitch was standing on the other side of the fence in a black shirt and skinny jeans.

Mitch looked dazed and in a spell when looking at Scott.

Scott glanced at him for a few seconds and looked away blushing a dark shade of red.

He threw the ball at a fellow teammate who caused them the win for the game.

The crowd cheered and Scott felt victorious.

"So, you must be Scott! Kirstie talks about how much she looks up to you." An unfamiliar woman walked up to him with a man and Kirstie talking to a cheerleader behind them.

"Yeah, she's my best friend." He chuckled a little, still trying to catch his breath.

"It's very nice to meet you, son." The man shook his hand and they both walked away after saying goodbye.

After searching the crowd for his parents, he realized they were at the snack shacks buying some popcorn for themselves with smiles on their faces.

He climbed the fence where Mitch stood the entire time, but he wasn't there now.

Scott looked around hurriedly, and soon saw Mitch's silhouette slowly fading away. Even though Scott was still out of breath from so much running earlier that night, he chased the shadow to speak to him.

"Mitch!" He called out. The head of the shadow moved and started walking to him under the street lamps light.

"Hey. I saw you watching the game. I just wanted to say hi." He smiled.

Mitch smiled a little and looked up at him.

"You did great tonight, Scott. Good job."
"Thanks. So, why weren't you in the stadium?"

Mitch shrugged a little.

"I didn't know the game was tonight until this afternoon when Kristen started talking to me."

Scott chuckled a little.

"Her name's Kirstin. People make that mistake every time." He smiled down at him.

Mitch smiled a little bit. "Well, I have to go. My parents don't know I snuck out. I'll see you in Monday." He smiled and started jogging back home.

Scott smiled as he climbed the fence again to leave with his parents.