Part Eight

Years had passed, and Scott and Mitch moved away to live in Los Angeles together, adopting a kitten and named him Wyatt-Blue Grassi-Hoying.

They bought coffee together everyday.
They watched TV together cuddled up.
They always made each other laugh.
They bought clothes with each other.
They sang almost nonstop together.
They stayed up late together.
They traveled together.
They did everything together.

They were walking around the park, hand in hand while drinking coffee and making each other laugh on a summer day.

"Mitch.." Scott said. He looked so nervous.

Mitch was confused to what was happening. He scratched his beard once Scott let go of his hand.

"Mitch. I thought you were a geek and would never want to hang out with you when felt your arm brush against mine. But when I saw your face, I felt like we were the only two people in the world. I never thought I'd be here once I knew you were a comic book nerd. But without you, I don't know where I'd be. You made me realize what love actually is. And I want to know what that's like forever. I know we fight every now and then, but I still love you after we're done screaming at each other. So, this is my question. Will you marry me?"

He knelt down on one knee and he saw his boyfriend tearing up.

"Yes Scott. I will marry you."

His voice cracked and he cried happily into Scott's chest after Scott slipped the ring on Mitch's finger, his heart skipping a million beats.

They continued their day doing everything that they do together.