Chapter 1

Fortis stared out the window, hoping Turstab Academy would save him.

And save him it did. He had been in the head of the orphanage office, deemed a detainee. Apparently, he was "scaring" the children, little and big. They would all run in fear, not wanting to be under, what they called 'the spell'. But what Fortis did not know was that he had 'The Power'. And there the piece of parchment sailed through the window of the office in which one person waited. Fortis eagerly grabbed the parchment and quickly skimmed through it. Moments later, the only sound heard in the room was, "Fortis Potentia," as Fortis scrawled his signature. He, undetected, ran outside and then darted off into the distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Sorceress of Turstab smiled sweetly as she watched the evil wizard's face turn a sickly green. He suddenly gasped in pain as the Sorceress closed her eyes, summoning more power. The room suddenly became silent as smell of death wafted through the sorceress' nostrils.

She strode out of the cave and into the fresh air. She took in a deep breath as she set out on a heinous journey.

Ten years later, she was the mother of four children and had a husband who knew nothing of her powers. But as there is day for everything, there came a day when the secret of her powers had to be revealed. Now, all of her children were the age of thirteen and above, the Sorceress of Turstab, who went by the pen name Destinia Sway, found it a suitable time to tell her children and husband about the secret.

They did not take the news as well as she thought they would. She was cast out of the house by her own children and husband!

Cursing them, she stomped away. The next day, her once beautiful children turned into frogs, and her husband turned into a toad and a warty one at that. Destinia Sway became a tabooed name when she left the town, and this was because they believed she was a witch who turned her own family into frogs and toads! Her four children were not so cold hearted, she learned after reading their minds from afar. So, she blessed them and they turned back into humans, but, funnily enough, she left her husband to his life as a warty toad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This is not very good writing, it was written in haste. This idea for the novel simply emerged at some random, unknown point in time. And please, don't be a silent reader! Comment!