Chapter 21

Hey readers,

ENJOY!!

Chapter 21

Cold. Cold. Cold. I have to bear it. Cold. Cold. Oh my. Will I get frostbite? How long will those children take to come? Are they going to come? I'll just stay for twenty more minutes. If they do not come, I'll go back to my warm and cozy home. Nineteen minutes left, eighteen minutes left, seventeen minutes left. Oh my. Oh my. the creature thought to itself, muttering 'oh my' like a mantra.

What's that? THE CHILDREN?! WHY DIDN'T I WEAR MY COSTUME?! Yikes! I don't want to show them what I really look like. I might as well tell them earlier than I wanted.

The children arrived, tenaciously gripping each other. Neeva and Riley were ready to fight, for themselves and their friends.

They found themselves face to face with a human, not the creature which they had met before.

"I am the creature that you thought I was. That was actually a costume. Now, you are probably wondering about 'Lady Amelia'. She was a person of no use to the world, and therefore, had to be disposed of, so thought the creature. It was not me who did it, but rather, a different creature. You might want to ask that one as to what the creature is and was. I suppose you are going to kill it. Inquire. Think. Analyze. These are all things you should do when trying to capture someone," the man said.

He was in a checkered shirt, his twinkling eyes and neatly-combed auburn hair shining in the moonlight. "WHO ARE YOU? WHAT'S YOUR NAME? WHERE DO YOU LIVE? WHY ARE YOU HERE? DID YOU EVER KILL ANYONE? HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING? DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT YOU LIVING HERE? WHY? WHY? WHY?" Lustria asked her questions over and over again as Aevum and the man discussed something about Magic Ethics.

"Let me address her questions. As to who I am, well I am a man. My name is Burgundy. I live up here. I am here because I have business here. I never killed anyone. I cannot tell you my age. I am a detective of some sort. No one except you and a few others know about me living here. I can not answer the question WHY?," Burgundy told them.

"What was the howling all about, and why did you hurt us the first time we met you?" Neeva asked angrily.

"Oh, that," he chuckled,"the howling, I just did it to scare you two off. I never hurt you children, ever."

"Oh really? Then, why did we have scratches all over ourselves?" Fortis asked.

"It was NOT me! I swear on Turstab, I never hurt you! Now I will, unless you stop accusing me of things I didn't do! Now, back to business!" Burgundy was not in a pleasant mood.

It would seem that Burgundy was a fool, judging by his appearance, but in reality he was quite an intellectual fellow.

When the children went back to their dormitories, they had a lot to process.

Burgundy had bid them farewell and told them to meet him again the next night.