Chapter 12

Lily Pov

I woke up in Kate's bed cold and alone, I rolled over and the alarm clock said noon. Shit I promised to meet Abby at 12:30! I jumped up and pretty much ran past Kate and booked it home. I dressed and left to meet Abby at the park. Abby is seriously going to be pissed at me if I'm late on her again. I arrived exactly at 12:30 to find Abby sitting on a bench with some blonde. I looked closely and noticed it was Stacy from school.

Abby was smiling and twisting her hair around with her finger. Stacy leaned in and whispered something in her ear and Abby's face flushed and she lightly smacked her on her arm. I don't know why but my blood started boiling and I stomped right up to them and crossed my arms glaring at Stacy till she stood up smirking brushing past me. "Bye Abby," the little slut said walking away. I still stood there red faced and angry glaring at her as she walked away.

"What the hell was that!" Abby laughed wrapping her arms around me calming me down.

"That was nothing, now are you ready to go have fun or what?" I replied pulling away.

2 weeks later..... Kate's Pov

June promised to show me around school tomorrow, but I'm still nervous. Today is June's birthday and I know exactly what I'm giving her, I talked to Sarah already and she agreed. I've taken a liking to Sarah she is really sweet and she adores us kids. Right now she is in the process of trying to adopt a 5 year old girl Lucy. I neatly put a ribbon around my build-a-bear box and gently carried it downstairs.

"You ready?" my dad asked as I came down the stairs.

"Yep." I replied, I'm not too happy about meeting June's other friends because I don't like people. I grabbed Sam's hand in one hand and held the box securely in the other. We walked across our yard and to the house across the street. The party has been going on for an hour already, but there is no certain time we have to be there. My dad has been working on their house for Sarah because being a single mom it is hard. I saw Sarah and walked up and gave her a hug. She eyed the box and smiled.

"She is going to love it! Now there is someone I want you to meet!" Sarah squealed in excitement. I looked down to the most adorable little blonde girl I've ever seen. "Guys this is Lucy, Lucy this is JT, Kate, Bailey , and Sam." Sarah had her hands on her shoulders.

"Hi!" She waved then looked at Sam "lets go play!" And just like that my brother had a bestfriend. June came around the corner talking to a tall blonde and when she saw me she ran over wrapping me in a tight hug.

"You made it!" She giggled as I pushed her off.

"Hey let's open presents!" Sarah interrupted.

A bunch of people I don't know gathered around us as June started opening her presents when she got to mine she thought it was a build-a-bear but her mouth dropped open and all of a sudden I found myself knocked off my seat with June holding on to me kissing my cheek. "Oh my god I love you! Thank you so much!" I finally got her off me and laughed as she pulled Frosty out of the box. She hugged him and smiled at me with an extremely happy smile and I knew it was because of me.