Steps

I watched her go. My once loving mother had finally cracked. Her mind was always gray, so gray it dulled everyone's thoughts to a darker shade of their vibrant minds. Here I was as she set me down and said her Goodbyes. I knew it must've hurt her to leave me. It hurt just as much to watch her go. As her boots kicked up dust as she walked away from my place in front of a station. The world felt duller with every step her mother drifted from her, every moment she had to watch her mom try not to look back.

I wasn't sure how, or what I felt as I sit on the steps of the firehouse. My mom is out of sight. Yet she's never out of mind. She's always with me in a way, by that I mean colors. Spend enough time with someone you tend to start to speak with their colors. It's so overlooked, yet so true.

"Hello who are you?" A Man walked out of the firehouse and began to speak to me.

"I'm Josse." I spoke to the man gently as if testing the waters.

The man began grew quiet, his mind began dulling to gray with confusion. "Where are your parents?" He finally said to Josse.

"Gone." She said blankly. Not a color on her face or words as she said such a small yet meaningful word. When somethings gone, usually you want it back. She didn't want her mom back in one sense. In another she wishes she was right here ready to take her back to her home.

The man looked to a sign that said "Safe place" meaning you can leave the child here. He stared at her as his mind became purple with guilt. Guilt is a deep purple. Makes you feel all sorts of emotions. Makes you feel sad and trapped. Yet It always has room for Happiness, remorse, and anger.

He reached out his hand to her. She looked at it momentarily, before she too, took the man's hand in her own and walked inside the firehouse.

***

Sorry the chapter is so short! I promise the others will be longer. I just felt like this was a nice place to end? Putting that aside. First chapter! Also I'm very sorry I have a tendency to swap from third to first person in my books I promise I'm trying very hard to keep it third person view. That's all for now! Bye my skies! Any thoughts?