Red

Josse gasped as all the heads in the room were torn between looking at her and Troye. The fog in the room clearing. Tall, Intangible grass grows in its place.

Josse watches from behind Phil as the rain in Troye's blue eyes became a storm. Storm? She wanted to laugh at her own mistake. This was not a storm. Troye's eyes were hurricanes. The green specks are the rapid beating of his heart. The flooding that happens when a hurricane chooses to, is how hot his face feels. The fear that people would have if caught in a hurricane written on his body as he goes stiff.

Josse wanted to hold Troye tight. She wanted to tell him he will be okay. Truth is, he may not be. She knows this as she feels the feeling of frustration burning the soft leaves of the tall metaphorical grass. Someone is mad. Oh no.

  The man with the colored hair and glasses noticed the tension in the room. Connor told Dan and Phil to leave. Oh no. Why isn't the purple haired man leaving? Josse always questioned things. She was 5 what do you expect? Five year olds are curious.

  Connor looked to Troye. Waiting for an introduction. Troye looked terrified as he looked into the other man's eyes.

"Connor, this is Josse. M-my daughter." Troye said it so calm. Despite the fact he's anything but calm right now. The world felt like it was only them four. As Connor stood, and walked out of the room. Troye followed him. Troye didn't know what to do. Troye was lost.

  Josse sat next to Tyler as they heard the hushed voices of Troye and Connor slowly getting louder.

"You didn't tell me you adopted a kid."

"She was a surprise for you."

"Troye, you can't just adopt a kid without consulting me first!"

"I'm an adult now Connor I can make my own choices!"

"Clearly, you can't! What makes you think we can raise a kid?"

"IM SORRY OKAY?"

"YOU'RE NOT SORRY." Connor growled.

  Josse buried her head in The lavender hair mans chest as he hugged her. She knew the hug was for both of them. Seeing his friends fight, and Josse seeing her Parents fight. They kept getting louder and louder. They were not thinking about their words.

  Troye shouted, and Connor would yell back just as loud. Neither boy thinking rationally anymore. The anger overtook them. Anger doesn't care what a person says, as long as it's sharp. The seething red of anger in its most violent form.

  They lost themselves so much that they started using profanity. Their mouths foul as they swore at each other. The incoherent words of pointlessness and anger. The Red of anger began to burn the grass.

  Troye began to yell so Loud and shout too foul things for a little girls mind to comprehend. Tyler covered her ears. Make them stop! She wanted to say to him. She did not, knowing full well he can't stop them without getting hurt too.

  The red of their voices began spilling out of the room Troye and Connor were in. Josse just nuzzled into Tyler's chest a little more.

  Tyler had enough of them fighting. He picked up the little girl, and wanted to walk right out of the angry home. First, he had to write a letter saying Josse is okay. Dear Troye and Connor, I didn't want Josse to hear this. So I brought her to my house. When you're done fighting. You can get her. Sorry I have to do this.
-Tyler
--------
The letter was done. Finalizing his choice to help Josse. Josse picked up her suitcase and left with him. My mom said don't trust strangers. She ignored the words of her past mother. If strangers were so dangerous. Why would she leave me with them? 2 months ago Josse would not have left the house with a random man. People change. Josse thought as she followed Him out to Tyler's car.

If only my mom could see me right now. The thought liked to climb out of her mind. It was this small spur of anger. I don't miss her. Do I? Sad thing is all little girls miss their mommies. All little girls have tea parties with their fathers.

Josse didn't. Josse had a dead sister and a mom who missed her sister so much. She never really liked to move or speak after Josse's sister died. Josse used to love to talk. She shared her late sisters voice. The same Smooth, uncertain yellow. It reminded Josse of Her sister. It always hurt.

Forgetting the past she looked out her window to watch the ponds.

That's when Tyler decides to break the unmentioned tension. "I'm Tyler Troye's friend. I'm sorry you had to hear them fight." He apologized for something he had no control over.

"I'm Josse, and don't be sorry. It's not your fault." Josse decided to speak. Every time the words felt like swords. Slashing at the thin walls between her words and her thoughts.

"Is that what love is Tyler? Fighting?" Josse decided to talk to Tyler.

"No." He takes a breath and hesitates. "That is not love."

"What is love then?"

"Love is the person who reminds you constantly that they care. Love is when they stop you and make sure you're wearing a coat because it's cold. Love is them being there for you when you're scared." Love is patient. Troye's love is unkind.

Josse smiles as she hears the speech. Tyler seemed so into it. One last question. Her mind urged her to say one Risky thing.

"Are you in love Tyler?"

"Yes Josse. I'm in love." He smiled as the cryptic words left his smiling mouth. Love is patient, love is blinding to Tyler. Josse doesn't know why she's seeing love as a trap. It just feels like it is.

Love feels like a trap. A box you don't want to escape. Words of 'I hate you!' Are quickly for gotten as they drown the red in a sea of painted lies by saying "I love you." That phrase is the most insincere three words I've ever heard. Love is patient, love is dangerous. No one tells Josse that this is untrue.

Josse plays with her hands and sighs Love is patient, I will make their love kind.

*********
Hey skies! Sorry for such a vague chapter. The italics for love is patient, love is, (insert one of the words I used.). Is a description of what love should be. Or so I'm told by my bible teachers. The real part goes love is patient, love is kind.

Again thank you so much for reading. I really do appreciate it! Remember Never be afraid to PM me you're questions I promise I don't bite :)
I will see you next note! Until next time.
-Jamie